Food Galore

The place for ideas and feedback for all things community related.

Moderators: Game Moderators, Game Administrator, Developer

schnayy

Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:35 pm

Hey, it's your friendly neighborhood schnayy here. I'm working on attempting a cooking "expansion" of sorts. This includes fixing some broken things, changing some recipes that are a little too annoying, and adding stuff! "Stuff" includes some new recipes like the Chaos Cake that will be possible to make in the Deluxe Microwave from research, as well as species-based dishes.

I'm looking for one of two things in this thread:

1. Fun recipe ideas that may:
  • Require large quantities of ingredients.
  • Have strange things not normally used as ingredients, such as the supermatter fuel rod in the everything bagel.
  • Have bizarre, dangerous, or otherwise interesting reagents/effects in the final product.
Note that all the bulletpoints do NOT need to be met, and that any suggested reagents/effects are subject to change at the discretion of me and the rest of staff.

or 2. Suggestions for species-based recipes. As of right now, I am not interested in suggestions for Zaddat, Diona, or Prometheans, due to the nature of their lore. All suggestions will be run by maintainers, but I wanted to give the community a chance to pitch in.

So! If you have a suggestion, what I need from you is:

A.) If it's a deluxe microwave dish, I need an idea of ingredients & what the resulting dish is. Does it have any special reagents in the end dish? Does it have a funny flavor description?

Example: Chaos cake. 9 layers of cake stacked onto each other. Each layer has a large number of cake ingredients (flour, sugar, egg, etc) as well as strange things like poison berries, blood, and meat. The resulting cake regenerates slices that are cut off, and each slice can either be "good" or "bad". Good slices have beneficial chemicals, while bad slices have toxins/drugs/etc. Go wild with your imagination on these, the worst I'll say is "I can't do that".

B.) If it's a species dish, I need to know which species, what type of ingredients, and what the resulting dish is, as well as any suggested "flavor description".

Example: Humans, burger, it's a slab of meat between two buns. Sometimes you even have lettuce! Tastes like buns.

It's 6AM so this post might be a bit rambly, but throw out suggestions, if you have any.

ThoughtSynapsis

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:00 am

Primordial Soup:

Ingredients: Meatball soup, Nettle Soup, Vegetable Soup, Tomato Soup, Slime Soup, Mystery Soup, Chantrelle Soup, Borschet, Milo Soup, Stew, Wish Soup, Onion Soup.

Grants Berserk from every bite.

The soup from which life emerged

Frankenstein's Folly:

Ingredients: Braincake, Two Amanita Jelly, Monkeys Delight, 10 Units of Dexalin Plus, Yellow slime core

Makes a very horrifying mob.

It's aliiiiiiive!

Fruedian Slop:

Ingredients: 30 units of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, Three space liberty duffs, Three sheets of paper,

Makes you drunk for a LONG time.

When you say one thing but mean your mother

Apocalypse Chow:

20 Chili peppers, One stew, Two hot chilli Stew, one Cuban carp.

Deals 20 burn, 40 Haloss per bite, Probably taste like liquid Cocaine for Unathi

Smells like victory

Ortolan:

One egg, 20 units of Clonexadone, 1 unit of salt, 1 unit of pepper, three grapes, 20 units of Cognac

Your sins are not hidden from god

Shake Fries:

One space fries, 10 units of Milkshake

Only people from Illinois understand this.

Impasta:

One Spaghetti, 5 units of water, One Sunglasses, One Gas mask

It's a pretty good looking burger.

Taco-Town Taco:

One Margherita pizza, Three Tacos, One Cheese Omelette, One Hot Chili Stew, One Waffles, 1 Corn, 1 Tomato, 2 Chilli's, 2 Cheese Wedges, One Carne Asada Burrito, Two tortilla's, 10 units of flour.

A genuine threat to public health

Fast Food Lasagna:

45 Burgers, 3 onion rings, 30 units of mayo, 5 Cheese Slices, 5 units of special blend whiskey, 2 Hot Chilli stew, 10 cutlets

Next level fast food usage

Subarashi Ramen

1 Milo Soup, 2 Cutlets, 1 Chili, 1 Corn, 10 units of Soy Sauce, 1 Boiled egg, 1 salt, 1 Carp filet, 1 Boiled Spaghetti,

The slow simmered, savory warmth of a rising sun

Carbonara Alla Claudius

4 eggs, 1 spaghetti, 5 units of water, 1 cheese wedge, 1 Chantrelle, 1 Plump Helmet, Fly Amanita, Destroying Angel

Incredibly Poisonous, Will likely kill you.

Fit for a Roman Emperor

Will update as I think of more.

• Information