Security Resprites?

The place for ideas and feedback for all things community related.

Moderators: Game Moderators, Game Administrator, Developer

TheSleepyCatmom

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:37 am

So I had a lot of time on my hands. There's nothing wrong with the stuff we currently have, redsec is cool and nice. I love it! But, I also made red (and blue) uniforms for every job in security. These however are the red ones. I'm looking for feedback on how they look and the thoughts about the uniforms in general. This includes respriting (and recoloring) some things, replacing old sprites with new sprites, and generally giving a more private security and less soviet russia feel to the uniforms.

As a general note, all of these items have a rolled sleeve variant, and a rolled down variant. (Barring the skirts and waistcoat-made uniforms.)

Below is;

SECURITY OFFICER:
Suit

Skirt

WARDEN:
Suit

Skirt

HEAD OF SECURITY:
Suit

Skirt

FORENSICS UNIFORMS:
Blue

Red

DETECTIVE UNIFORMS:
Blue

Blue Waistcoat

Red

Red Waistcoat

Brown

Skirt

I also made coats! I recolored and even got a brand new coat in.

Below is;

WARDEN:
Longcoat (With visible vest)

Alternate Coat

HEAD OF SECURITY:
Head of Security Coat

--
That concludes all the changes I made on my side of things. These aren't additional uniforms, coats, or what have you. These replace the current things in game now. So gib feedback pls.

Ice_princess

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 am

Honestly, I really like all of these! I could see them getting in and being used. Although I'm not sure I like the idea of replacing stuff outright- I like having additional options but it seems like a waste to remove stuff, yknow?

ThoughtSynapsis

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 am

I'm ambivalent one way or another, I'm not a security regular though so I might be the wrong crowd.

Anewbe

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 am

Could we see them on humans, maybe?

TheSleepyCatmom

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:06 am

Yes, sorry for late reply! I'll post that here in a minute. My internet's been finnicky lately.

TheSleepyCatmom

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:12 am

As a note, I didn't have the jackboots/dress shoes sprites on hand, so I just used a pair of boots I sprited for something else. Not part of the set!

Attachments
Sec.dmi
DMI to see all 4 sides (I forgot a few leg pixels!)
(12.12 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Mangled

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm a fan!

atermonera

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:48 pm

As discussed at the 21-Jul-19 staff meeting, we are interested in these. Can you possibly put the human dolls on top of grey tiles to get a better sense of how they'd look in-game?

There were some concerns voiced about a lack of visual distinctiveness, that is to say, you can't easily tell them apart at a glance.

TheSleepyCatmom

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:04 am

Relatively easily. Gimme a little bit. ^^

TheSleepyCatmom

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:17 am

I really apologize, my screenshots are all over the place. But I do have these in game and this is generally what they look like. While they're not the easiest thing in the world to identify, while wearing the vests they work fine for at-a-glance. For the coats, some cover the legs but that's only the Warden's stuff anyway, and the HOS Trenchcoat (Barring the winter coat, which also covers it, but it also does for standard uniforms too!). The CI Coat and the detective trenchcoat are also fairly easily used to identify someone. Personally I think they fill out rather well, but that's my two cents. A very uniform look but still able to be told apart. ^^

STANDARD SUITS:

WORK SUITS:

ARMOR SUITS:

• Information