DasFox - Promethean

TheSleepyCatmom

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:09 am

BYOND Key: DasFox

Species you want to apply for: Promethean

Name of Characters In-game: Noctis, Legatus, (Unplayed as of posting) Kyla Milne

How long you've been playing Polaris: A few days now, though I logged in way before for some reason. I like it here, though

Some example names of the species: Naming conventions for this species are rather varied, based on the ones that 'uplift' them, per se. However, more independent of thought may name themselves.

Summarise what you know about the species: Very similar to slimes, which the Prometheans are 'uplifted' from, Prometheans possess a nucleus within them that contains a large amount of electrical charge. Variations in these cores are different from subject to subject, yet the significance is yet to be found. Much like a slime, if the core is removed, the Promethean dies in a fanciful way of their body disintegrating.

Promethean's 'skin', which is compromised of a membrane that absorbs things for nutrition, and also keeps harmful things outside of their body. While the Promethean's skin is not as strong as most other species, being more sensitive to air pressure and temperature differences.

The 'skeleton' of a Promethean is also quite malleable, as its mores o a dense fluid than it is a skeleton. The ability to reshape this skeleton at will, even though its slow and requires immense concentration, it is not resistant to any form of damage, as impacts will cause substantial harm to said skeleton.

Outside of the internal structure, Promethean bodies are not well understood. The cells seems to be able to re-purpose themselves as needed, which is believed to be connected to their quick regenerative abilities. Prometheans also do not seem to posses organs of their own, or nervous systems. IE: Cardio, Vascular, Nervous, Muscular.

Prometheans will eat just about any form of organic matter, due to their unique chemical makeup. They are extremely tolerant to things that would normally be lethal to humanoids, and their digestive systems seem to be overly efficient.

Prometheans are artificially generated by a sophisticated process of gene splicing. The exact process is unknown, however it involves splicing primate DNA with the matter of an Aetolian slime.

Newly made Prometheans start their lives as a core, no different than a gray slime core. However, they quickly begin to suck in organic amtter around them to metabolize. This process can take only minutes to make a fully fledged adult.

Promethenas turn to Mimicry, no-matter their genetic startup almost immediately into their life. Cognitive development, as well as physical development however, is easily learned. Language and problem solving, however, is not.

Prometheans may show signs of a preferential color to rest at, which is usually heavily influenced by their parent species. They will also use this to show their emotional state.

Prometheans are almost always universally inquisitive, usually inspired by their creators. they tend to, however, focus on non-abstract sciences. Such as Physical and practical ones.

Why do you want to play this species?: I think it'd be an interesting change of pace, and as I came here with a friend who wanted to apply, I wanted to as well. We were going to do a twin-core gimmick with our applications.

Anything else you wish to add: Sorry for the paragraphs! I did this to my applications on Bay as well. I'd read through, and word my 'what do you know' as I went.

Mechoid

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:50 pm

https://puu.sh/zSaKJ/26a7ed7139.png

Alrighty, that is a lot of text, and it seems you've got a decent grasp. You're a bit newer to the server, though from my own observations and vouchings of other players, you seem to be meshing well, so that's not a huge concern to myself.

I must, however, ask a few questions.

1) Around when did the Prometheans enter the galactic stage?

2) What is a recent event that has affected the Prometheans?

3) What is a common mistake that a Promethean guardian might make, in your opinion?

I'm not looking for perfect answers, simply what you've got bouncing in your head at the time of applying.

TheSleepyCatmom

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:16 am

Mechoid wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:50 pm
https://puu.sh/zSaKJ/26a7ed7139.png

Alrighty, that is a lot of text, and it seems you've got a decent grasp. You're a bit newer to the server, though from my own observations and vouchings of other players, you seem to be meshing well, so that's not a huge concern to myself.

I must, however, ask a few questions.

1) Around when did the Prometheans enter the galactic stage?

2) What is a recent event that has affected the Prometheans?

3) What is a common mistake that a Promethean guardian might make, in your opinion?

I'm not looking for perfect answers, simply what you've got bouncing in your head at the time of applying.
1.) Prometheans entered the galactic stage maybe some 16-17 years ago if I have my current in game year correct. (Still a little mixed up, hell I mixed up Aurora's year and I played there for nearly 9 months.) Sol gave them basic restrictions like the early positronics and drones had, before allowing NT to manufacture them in facilities. Under, of course, strict regulations of documentation and care.

2.) I am unsure what you mean by recent. Within the last five years in game? Ten? Thirty? The galactic scale of things is *huge.* I'll try to answer to my best abilities with what I know currently;

The newest event that I can think of would be the coup in Aetolus. Maybe their Declaration of independence?

3.) A common mistake would be, for instance, not quite treating it like taking care of a child. It'd be the same concept, yet for a different thing. The Guardian needs to be a parental figure, in my opinion, as the mental growth of a Promethean still takes years to reach maturity if I recall. Even if their body is fully grown, and can be fully grown in a manner of minutes, this doesn't mean their mental state is.

Perhaps another would be treating them like objects instead of people; though I think this lacks basis. I've seen people ICly state dislike or hate for Prometheans for being what they are, leading to this conclusion.

Note: I'm sorry if some of these are unsatisfactory. I'll be happy to re-read everything and answer again if you'd like me to, but my capabilities for keeping everything in my head is pretty null; it's why I write my apps while reading them and try to keep what I write in my head; helps me remember. :)

Mechoid

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm

2562 is the current year, and, you've got it pretty well covered there too. 16 years, the Aetolus coup, and treating a Promethean the same as a human child all work. I didn't quite consider a guardian treating a promethean equivalent to a drone, though that works too. If Kholdstare or other staff have no concerns, I feel comfortable giving you my +1.

I may keep my eye however due to how new you are to the server, though it's less negative to you more 'I want to see how you're doing with it'.

Kholdstare34

Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:55 am

Plenty well researched I think. +1 from me.

• Information