Hunnewle - Teshari

Hunnewle

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 pm

BYOND Key:Hunnewle

Species you want to apply for: Teshari

Name of Characters In-game: Corvo Ortenshire (Human)

How long you've been playing Polaris: Three to four days.

Some example names of the species: Sheeaiya, Taalomi, Fohnita. (Used the Teshari FAQ's list of names for reference)

Summarise what you know about the species:
--Small, reptilian, They come from the same world as Skrell, and only recently have been brought unto the galactic stage. They stand in the shadow, and on the shoulders, of the Skrell. Some Teshari packs are Pro-Skrell, some Anti-Skrell, and some Neutral. That said the general idea is they would still be living in the polar caps of Qerr'Balak without the Skrell's help.

--Eshi, Nasemari, Schassaraca, Ceea, Resca. These are just a few of the packs that make up the eight million Teshari, or Ka'merr, of Qerr'Balak. Each pack hosts a council of local elders and figures of importance. These councils represent their pack as a whole. There few packs that go against this social norm, they all live in the more northern, barren, landscapes and are vehemently anti-Skrell.

--Privacy. Do not expect it if you choose to visit one the Teshari Settlements that hasn't had alot of outside contact. Many parts of daily life we consider very private, they consider a pack-activity. The pack as a whole eats together, grooms each other, and even play/watch entertainment together. (Picture a theater packed full of these guys taking turns playing a multiplayer game on the big-screen.)

--For the Teshari settlements that are near, or within, Skrell cities, there are dedicated 'Teshari Districts' to better accommodate their size and fragile nature. (Slower elevators, less motorized traffic, more cushions(?)). These districts are, more often than not, open-aired and laden with decorations. Instead of multiple apartments or housing units, these districts are practically large pack-sized dwellings.

--Outside of these dwellings many Teshari work alongside Skrells as hospitality staff, clerks, technicians. Many jobs, granted they don't have to perform heavy lifting. That said there is a bit of a bias for Intellectual jobs, as the Skrell will more often hire another Skrell instead of a Teshari. This issue is being addressed by sponsorship programs. Some other jobs Teshari perform are as Guides or Foragers, for the more regional locales. This of course, runs into some rather teritorial Teshari Packs who live in these regions. The aggressive and solitary nature of these packs gives a poor, and aggressive, report.

--Tesharis, Space Flight, and You: How not to end up with a Teshari Raptor-Pancake against your craft's back wall. Until recently most craft were too unsafe for Teshari accommodation. G-Forces most races would find tolerable, Teshari would find horrible. As this situation has improved, with investments into the larger Teshari occupied regions, more and more Teshari are leaving their communal pack life behind for the stars. Of course, I'd imagine a number of them to be quite home-sick- When they are not busy drooling over the massive cathedral like space-stations (From their perspective, We're giants!).

--Finally, The general life of a Teshari. A breeding pair will produce a clutch of eggs, while aided by their community. This pair will care for the eggs up until they hatch, from there the whole community raises the infantile Tesharis. Parenthood of children is normally irrelevant. The actual Parents of a Teshari may have the same status as a preferred uncle, or aunt, from our perspective. As soon as they reach a certain age ((Not found in wiki)), they may enter the workforce, take up a vocation, or even go for higher learning. On death, their community will gather for the appropriate funeral rites. Nothing like some good ole' fashioned family cannibalism. That is, if they do not give the deceased a sky burial, they will religiously consume them. Waste not want not, I suppose.

Why do you want to play this species?:
--I find them to be a interesting and unique species, one that could yield interesting and entertaining results due to their energetic curious nature. (Not to mention how bloody small the sods are.)

Anything else you wish to add:

--I am aware i'm still a newcomer to Polaris. I have been around Polaris for going on a week now. That said i've been playing SS13 for three years now, if not more. Most recently i've been on the Aurora HRP server playing synth characters. I find Polaris' setting to be refreshing and, just like the Teshari, (As I said before), should lead to Interesting and entertaining games.

Edited: More Teshari related information!
Last edited by Hunnewle on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunnewle

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:31 am

As of writing this I'm a not 'too' far from a week since posting my app...

(Bump.)

Kholdstare34

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Oh god, so sorry that this has been sitting for SO long! I don't know how I missed this.

Uh, that said, this is a bit sparse! Could you tell me a teeny bit more about Teshari society (how their packs work and how they socialize with each other), and government (their relation to Skrell and the opportunities they have within it)? Not asking for a 48-part novel from you, just a couple more paragraphs (and I will respond MUCH faster to your update, promise)!

Hunnewle

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:05 pm

No worries on the wait. I always say, the longer something takes, the better it's gonna be. And as for 'Not asking for a 48-part novel'... I may have written a three to four part one instead.

Kholdstare34

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:07 am

Awesome, this is all great! Approved!

Hunnewle

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:12 am

Cheers!

• Information