Sharkguy37's Moderator Applicaton

Place to apply for Game Moderator and Developer roles.
Sharkguy37

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Moderator Application

Byond Key -
Sharkguy37
Age -
Time range(including time zone) -
10AM-9PM, CTD
Character Name(s) -
David Pliskin, Carter Kennedy
How long have you played SS13 -
6 months
How long have you played on Polaris -
half a month
Any previous moderating experience? -
No
What are your strengths -
I have a good understanding of how to moderate and the server rules.
What are your weaknesses -
I have no moderating experience on servers.
What would you consider the biggest strength of the server, how could we keep maintaining that strength? -
The staff team is fair and have tolerance for new players as well as fun events and the code is fun to play on.
What’s the biggest problem with the server right now, and what would you do to help resolve it? -
Low player count, the server itself is very fun with almost no problems, but the player base is small.
Answer the following scenarios and how you would deal with them to the best of your ability -
  • An adminhelp comes in claiming a player is a potential griefer. Said player also happens to be a traitor.
Tell the person that I will look into it to prevent meta gaming. And then check to see if the person being accused is breaking any antagonist rules, if not then i will simply leave it at that as to not reveal that the person is a traitor.
  • A player is upset in deadchat about another player's reaction to something they did, but they are clearly in the wrong. How would you handle this?
See what they are fussing about and tell them what they did and why the other person would do that. I would then tell them that they can respawn so long as they don't metagame and come back as another character to kill the person who killed them originally.
  • When interviewing several players, one is lying but you cannot tell who it is. How would you proceed?

Look at the chat log and logs of what happened and piece together what happened. If I still cannot figure out what happened then I will contact a superior to assist me in making a verdict.
Can you attend bimonthly staff meetings on teamspeak?- (Generally on Sundays at around 5pm EST)
Yes I can assuming.
Preferred means of contact - (Teamspeak, Discord, IRC)
Discord
Anything Else You Want to Add -
No

Woodrat

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:55 am

Putting a staff side discussion thread and vote tally. You'll have a response on whether or not your application was accepted in a week.

Please note, your application is missing the check marker. Please review Link in further detail (hint, the quoted area) and place the missing marker.

Woodrat

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:45 am

Vote tallies are in.

Apologies for the delay

Sadly, you have not been selected as a moderator candidate. Among the reasons give.

Age – Several staff were concerned over your youth and potential maturity.

Time on Server – Given your brief time on the server and concerns over your ability to adjust to the playstyle on this server compared to others.

If you’d like to talk about the reasons as to why you were not selected for a trial moderatorship feel free to ping me on discord and we can go over the application in a more private setting via direct chat.

• Information