XenosTiger's moderator application

Place to apply for Game Moderator and Developer roles.
XenosTiger

Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:27 am

Moderator Application

Byond Key - XenosTiger

Age - 21

Time range(including time zone) - 10 AM - 3 AM EST.

Character Name(s) - Carolin Vantas, OMEGA.

How long have you played SS13 - about 4 years.

How long have you played on Polaris - about a year total time.

Any previous moderating experience? - Not on SS13, but I have had experience moderating several text-based RP servers.

What are your strengths - Most politics and offense sails right over my head. If I start getting too heated, I'm pretty good about taking a break to cool myself off.

What are your weaknesses - Cooling myself off usually comes in the form of running away from problems that involve me, until I get over the initial "oh my god they're talking about me" phase.

What would you consider the biggest strength of the server, how could we keep maintaining that strength? - The biggest strength of the server, in my opinion, is the community, which seems pretty tight-knit for a Spessmens community. Cultivating a friendly server attitude is the best way to keep that going.

What’s the biggest problem with the server right now, and what would you do to help resolve it? - The low population is an issue, due to the server being dead quite often, which discourages other people from getting on, because being the only person in-game sucks. There are no real easy ways to fix this issue, however.

Answer the following scenarios and how you would deal with them to the best of your ability -
  • An adminhelp comes in claiming a player is a potential griefer. Said player also happens to be a traitor.
Any ahelps are to be assumed valid until proven irrefutably otherwise. Even if you're an antag, that doesn't mean you're immune to the rules, so if someone thinks an antag might be griefing or planning to grief, it's best to keep an eye on them, and inform the person who adminhelped that you will do so, and take action if necessary.
  • A player is upset in deadchat about another player's reaction to something they did, but they are clearly in the wrong. How would you handle this?
Anger happens in dead chat, it's why the prefix for most things said in that channel is "Complains" or "whines". Most people get over it pretty quickly, or leave, but if a problem arises, it is best to ask any and all parties involved to calm down and talk it out in a civil manner. If they cannot, it might be a good idea to put them in timeout for a little while, give them some time to relax.
  • When interviewing several players, one is lying but you cannot tell who it is. How would you proceed?
Ask for help if possible. A second opinion is always good to have, especially in situations like this one. Ask for logs, ask for evidence to back up the claims that may or may not be getting lied about.

Can you attend bimonthly staff meetings on teamspeak?- (Generally on Sundays at around 5pm EST) I'd have to reinstall teamspeak, but yes.

Preferred means of contact - (Teamspeak, Discord, IRC) Discord. I'm in the Polaris Discord as XenosTiger.

Anything Else You Want to Add - I look forward to seeing where this goes!

edit: I have no idea how I missed the code, considering I read the whole thing, but I'll just chalk it up to it having been two in the morning when I wrote this. Chitter!
Last edited by XenosTiger on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woodrat

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:56 am

Marked and up on the staff side for evaluation shortly.

Note this is missing the check that you've fully read link and find the marker code.

• Information