Solariium - Moderator Application

Place to apply for Game Moderator and Developer roles.
Solariium

Sun May 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Moderator Application

Byond Key - Solariium

Age - 18

Time range(including time zone) - MST -7:00... for now. No DST

Character Name(s) - Nylah Nanako, Freya, Zofia, Amoris

How long have you played SS13 - I haven't been playing all too long, maybe for about a year or two?

How long have you played on Polaris - Maybe around 6 months? I played for a bit, took a break then have been really active as of late.

Any previous moderating experience? - Plenty. I come from Gmod Serious RP. I've ran a few communities that would average around 20-30 players daily. I've been part of the staff team on various Serious RP servers and am usually an active part of the communities.

What are your strengths - I think my main strength is the ability for me to step back from a situation and take a second to look over it a different way, and I'm pretty good at seeing things from other people's point of view.

What are your weaknesses - Dealing with GROUPS. No matter if I know everyone in the group or no one, just the anxiety of it being a group is enough to fuck me up.

What would you consider the biggest strength of the server, how could we keep maintaining that strength? - I think its main strength is keeping it pretty friendly to new players and returning players alike. I'd love to help keep this friendly attitude to players going for as long as possible.

What’s the biggest problem with the server right now, and what would you do to help resolve it? - The biggest issue at the moment? I think it lies in just not having a consistent and active amount of players, which seems to just stem from people not wanting to join low pop and it being a heavy RP server.

Answer the following scenarios and how you would deal with them to the best of your ability -
  • An adminhelp comes in claiming a player is a potential griefer. Said player also happens to be a traitor.
First off, I would get the full story from the player that started the ahelp, then move on to the player in question, just to make sure nothing real fishy was going on. If something was going on I'd handle it from there, but chances are it was just them being an antag.
  • A player is upset in deadchat about another player's reaction to something they did, but they are clearly in the wrong. How would you handle this?
I would first off tell them to stop complaining about it in deadchat, and if its a real issue to take it up in an ahelp. Then just deal with the ahelp from there.
  • When interviewing several players, one is lying but you cannot tell who it is. How would you proceed?

I would do what I could to check over logs to see if I can get any real proof, but besides that it would come down to what the majority of the several players say. See who the outlier is, and probably note the player that was lying in an ahelp for future reference.

Can you attend bimonthly staff meetings on teamspeak?- (Generally on Sundays at around 5pm EST) I can do my best, chief.

Preferred means of contact - (Teamspeak, Discord, IRC) I'm almost always on Discord and able to talk on there, I don't really like Teamspeak but I can use it when necessary.

Anything Else You Want to Add - https://i.imgur.com/tjxKMdI.png Uhhh...
Chitter? (edit >~>)

Woodrat

Sun May 31, 2020 11:34 pm

Application has been retracted by Sol. They're free to reapply at a later date.

• Information