Solariium - Promethean

Place to apply for alien race whitelists.

Moderator: Whitelist Manager

Solariium

Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 am

BYOND Key: Solariium

Species you want to apply for: Promethean

Name of Characters In-game: Madison Wells, Valerie, Viav, Atz

How long you've been playing Polaris: Probably close to a month, maybe a bit less.

Some example names of the species: Pretty much anything, from normal names like, Charlie or Steven, to something like Velvet or some random item.

Demonstrate that you understand the lore and behaviours necessarily to properly portray this species in your role-play: Prometheans were created by humans, this being said they do not have a general consensus on how they feel towards other races, and how other races feel towards them. A few are exempt from this, such as the Skrell, which do not seem to have a positive outlook on them.

Now, for the actual explanation of the race. They are a sapient slime like race, created by humans. They start off from just a core, and consume nutrients nearby to slowly... or quickly grow out their body. They develop the skills to use their bodies and basic cognitive functions rather quickly. Afterwards, they are much like a child, not knowing how to speak, and not knowing much else. They are often given a guardian, that they learn certain skills from, and if there are no guardians per-say, their guardian often becomes a company. The prometheans act mostly dependent on their colours, some being much more energetic and spontaneous while others could be slow and distant, or even cold in some cases. Water also hurts them, and many chemicals do not work properly or as they usually do on them. Most Prometheans also tend to be rather curious just by nature, and have problems grasping non-physical things, such as religion or philosophy.

Prometheans are generally made up of a few things, although they have no internal organs, they posses a core which acts much like a nucleus in a cell. It contains all their DNA and controls their body. Their internals are protected by a weaker dermal like layer, that protects them to a small extent, while their bone structure is just a denser liquid, being much more pliable than normal bones.

Why do you want to play this species?: I wish to play the species due to their unique attributes of being more curious and lacking in knowledge. Being able to explore the world as something that is young and still learning would put a nice twist on things. I also think they are just adorable, so it would be fun!

Anything else you wish to add: I know I just applied for something, so I hope that doesn't harm this app at all, but I really enjoy playing new things and I don't mind making apps at all, so I just thought I'd go for it.

Woodrat

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 pm

Will notify whitelist manager. Ping me in 24 hours if no reply.

Mechoid

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:11 am

I AM SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG MY BRAIN EXPLODED

okay, moving onto my favorite part. Some questiones, since I've seen you around quite a bit for the time you've been on.

1) How long have the Prometheans been on the galactic stage?

2) What is the current situation with the Promethean home-world? And, where is it?

3) How might that situation cause a Promethean to change, based on external forces?

4) How do Prometheans view Rainbow Slimes?

5) What might be your first character concept in a sentence?

Solariium

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:40 am

So, the Prometheans have existed for roughly 17 years, if I can do math properly.

The Promethean homeworld orbits a dwarf star named, Vounna, which is bordering Skrell space, called Aetolus. It was once a democracy ruled by two station, now it's more of an oligarchy, run by unknown people. It has also shifted more into being a research and development colony, but still competes with it's large mining operation named, Sisyphus.

If I'm understanding question three fully, they would often change colours based on whats happening, and younger prommies tend to be more malleable on a psychological level, so that could change them quite a bit. If I'm not understanding the question, please inform me.

They see them more often as the prommies personal colour. I understand now, that's why other slimes are passive to them...

I was thinking of making my prommie either just a young and learning assistant, or a slightly skilled engineer. Not sure!

Mechoid

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Alrighty. A final question or two, and some clarifications.

What is a Standing Color?

Re: 3, It's in regards to existing or forming prejudices based on the state of affairs in regards to Almach.

I would also note that Sisyphus isn't quite a competing party so much as simply the hub of mining operations on Aetolus.

Solariium

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:05 pm

A standing colour is something that a prommie just has, it reflects their standard personality, what basic traits they have and that's about it.

Mechoid

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:37 am

Alright, I have some reservations due to how new you are to the server, though from my observations you're not a bad egg. I shall give you my +1.

• Information