Clagan - Diona

Place to apply for alien race whitelists.

Moderator: Whitelist Manager

clagann

Mon May 11, 2020 2:11 am

BYOND Key: Clagan

Species you want to apply for: Diona

Name of Characters In-game: Wind over the Void

How long you've been playing Polaris: literally like 5 mins but hoping to play longer

Some example names of the species: Witnessing Planetsong, To Walk Beneath the Rain, ( From what i recall diona dont fully understand names as a concept so they name themselves after a defining moment in their lifetime... which can be exceptionally descriptive as much as pages but people just shortened it to a key idea as a sorta "no im not writing all that down but how about i write down the first few words of that essay you just told me")

Demonstrate that you understand the lore and behaviors necessarily to properly portray this species in your role-play:
diona are friendly, slow, and most importantly : passive... my diona as an antag would likely involve scheming up an "accident" to happen instead of directly assassinating them if that was even an objective.
Why do you want to play this species?:
i love diona to death(ironically) they are everything i like: acceptance , friendliness, low-key immortality, and pacifism. ive been looking for a new server to play on since my last one lost player count and died and this server looks promising so im trying to transfer my diona character that i have into this server
Anything else you wish to add:

while most diona "talk....like......this....." i usually have one diona that "adjusted to talking normal" for those lazy days

clagann

Mon May 11, 2020 2:14 am

forgot to add that i know diona lore: they were discovered by skrell orbiting in the ursae minoris system and were incorperated into society

clagann

Mon May 11, 2020 5:33 pm

i should clairify that i have multiple diona characters of varying occupations and personalities like:
1) Dreams Of Planetsong - new to human society (only 60 years old most of which were not spent in a human society) , very curious, monkey see monkey do sorta attitude, botanist and/or chef
2) Wind Over The Void - ancient (300 years old), speaks at an average speed (i play them when im too lazy "to....speak.....like.....this...."), plays xenobotanist/science roles, analytical attitude towards their duties

note: they are all pacifists as per diona nature

elgeonmb

Wed May 13, 2020 10:45 pm

So, worth noting: we..................................... don't............................... have.......................... excessive elipses in our Diona speech patterns because I don't hate the English language. This application is... very bare-bones and doesn't really demonstrate much knowledge of Diona.

Given that you've been here for all of three days, I'd like it if you spent a couple weeks playing on the server long enough to ensure you're not trouble and apply again.

clagann

Wed May 13, 2020 10:57 pm

ah i see now. well my apologies for making assumptions most servers with diona lore say they speak slowly and methodically that is just how i demonstrate that. considering my options here i think ill try applying again some other time

• Information