Since I'm writing most of this from memory, this might differ from the old format, but it should mostly be the same. It will also be updated to be more in line with today's custom item policies.
First, the restrictions.
- Custom items should not give your character a clear mechanical advantage over others.
- Some custom items that replace a job-related object may necessitate being locked behind a job. For example, a custom sec-hud would likely be locked behind security roles.
- Because of how they are coded, custom items' functionality needs to be based on an already existent object in the code. A backpack with a different name and sprite are probably fine, a flashlight that can change colors is not.
- There is no hard limit on how many custom items a character can have anymore, however please still be reasonable.
- Custom borg sprites are considered custom items for the purposes of the app process.
- The custom item must confirm to the lore of the server, however in most cases this shouldn't be hard to do.
- The app will require one admin signoff, and one dev signoff. This is to ensure that the custom item is feasible to implement and it does not break any rules or cause issues in some way.
First, make a new thread in this forum section titled Your Ckey - Item Name
Afterwards, copypaste the format below and fill in the blanks on your app.
If everything goes well, and you get the admin and dev signoffs, you or a developer will need to add the custom item to a special custom item repository hosted on GitHub. This shouldn't take too long, but soon you should be able to play with your custom item.Item Name:
Item Type (What item does this mimic?):
Link to Sprites (.dmi preferred):
Name of Character:
Main Job of Character:
How this item relates to your character: