aimlessAnalyst - Blues' Scarf

Place for custom items and sprites
aimlessAnalyst

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 am

Item Name: Long Yellow Scarf
Item Description: This soft, yet impeccably durable scarf looks like it was made out of some sort of silk. It flows freely, and it looks like it's been well-worn for at least a couple of years. 'Blues Bright' is embroidered into one of the corners.
Item Type (What item does this mimic?): Scarf/Sterile Mask, as it needs the ability to toggle up and down to cover the face or hang around the neck. Mechoid told me I can't do that. A regular scarf- would it be AT ALL POSSIBLE to make this a mask item and an accessory that can, say, clip onto a suit, to be exterior-visible on things like coats?
Link to Sprites (.dmi preferred): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... s8_0OCCtxJ
Name of Character: Blues
Main Job of Character: Security Officer
How this item relates to your character: This scarf was given to Blues by his 'father,' the roboticist who brought him online, taught him, and treated him as his own for the first few years of his existence. The scarf is of extreme sentimental value to him, and with Durendal Bright getting on in age by now, Blues doubly keeps it around as a reminder of his morals and virtues- of the 'creator' that he aspires to make proud every day.
BYOND Key: aimlessAnalyst
Other Notes: It's not a phase mom
Last edited by aimlessAnalyst on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZekeSulastin

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:09 pm

*whistles*

I'll delete this if needed because peanut gallery etc. but I couldn't help myself ._.

aimlessAnalyst

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:06 pm

As it turns out, Mechoid's told me we don't seem able to make mask items that toggle between two states (up/down). For now, I've modified the .dmi to only have the state I will be using most of the time, anyways.

Woodrat

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:22 pm

Seems fine to me? Just needs devs/Mechoid to sort it.

Mechoid

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:19 pm

https://github.com/PolarisSS13/Custom-Items/pull/151 PR here, and it's a subtype of cloak, meaning it can be attached to suits, uniforms, or just worn in the suit slot.

• Information