[Discussion] What do you want?

The place for ideas and feedback for all things community related.

Moderators: Game Moderators, Game Administrator, Developer

MsRandylicious

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm

I know it probably doesn't matter the same since I do play when I'm able to, but there is something that sort of keeps pushing me away from Polaris. Someone mentioned about staff irritation and I genuinely hate to write this, but I second this. Nothing feels worse than when you feel so good about a round, to end up scolded by admins because they didn't think it went well, or had to tolerate the salt in deadchat. I mean, if it were constructive comments, I wouldn't mind at all! Because then we can learn. But rn it's just "This round sucked, you all are terrible, fuck you" sorta feel, and that keeps putting me off wanting to do anything when admins are online. I'm not saying praise folks, just... if you want to be mad at us, please be constructive about it. "I didn't like this round, and it could've been better if xyz did this instead, or tried this" would be great. All the vague aggression makes Polaris feel so unwelcoming sometimes, and I've been here over a year now.

Woodrat

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:06 am

All of the posts up to AimlessAnalyst's were talked about at the staff meeting on Saturday.
aimlessAnalyst wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:13 am
I'd like less emphasis on nerfs and rebalances of things that maybe two people see an issue with-- and more emphasis on actually creating new content instead of nitpicking what we already have and trying to refactor and revalue everything every few months.
Pointing this towards the devs to see. Personally I don't see why we can't have rebalances and new content as well. Adjusting current things that need it (see medical equipment for traitors and general equipment for heisters) while also slowly including new fun stuff.
MsRandylicious wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:38 pm
I know it probably doesn't matter the same since I do play when I'm able to, but there is something that sort of keeps pushing me away from Polaris. Someone mentioned about staff irritation and I genuinely hate to write this, but I second this. Nothing feels worse than when you feel so good about a round, to end up scolded by admins because they didn't think it went well, or had to tolerate the salt in deadchat. I mean, if it were constructive comments, I wouldn't mind at all! Because then we can learn. But rn it's just "This round sucked, you all are terrible, fuck you" sorta feel, and that keeps putting me off wanting to do anything when admins are online. I'm not saying praise folks, just... if you want to be mad at us, please be constructive about it. "I didn't like this round, and it could've been better if xyz did this instead, or tried this" would be great. All the vague aggression makes Polaris feel so unwelcoming sometimes, and I've been here over a year now.
Pretty sure this is primarily directed towards me, and I'll acknowledge it and note it as a item to improve upon. Apologizes for making you feel this way and I'll endeavor to do a better job going forward in regards to rants and the like.

• Information