I would like to open discussion about ending of the rounds. We have several types of endings: Crew transfer, Emergency transfer, Nar-Sie, Bluespace, Singularity escape etc. All of the ends can be done ICly except Crew transfer. Players have to vote about the crew transfer and what is crazy, players are forced to vote, because the voting is forced every one hour by server. Why I think this is bad? Read more
Let's split server players to A, B and C groups. Group A is happy with the round and do not want to finish it. Group B and C are not happy, they probably don't have any action, any special tasks. Forced voting: A votes for continue, B+C votes for initiate transfer. Result: New round. Next round starts as before, extended (Yes, it is usually what I see on server, because nobody press "Ready") and less players then votes for crew transfer has joined the game. Next round: Group B is happy but A+C is not. Vote result: crew transfer. This is reason, why crew transfer voting, is not solution for unhappy players.
Why people in lobby or observing players can vote for crew transfer? The don't play in the round, they usually don't play next round. Why they can affect the round even they are not a part of round?
I heard a lot of reasons for crew transfer, for example "It's 6 hours long". What's the nonsense it is? This game is created to be long for each round. How many players know the items, that you can find in "late" game? Do you know for example, that the Health scanner (computer scanner) in Medbay can be replaced by handy health analyzer? Yes, it exist health analyzer which will tell you everything as Health scanner. Do you know, how to build Janus? It is impossible to get these item in first few hours of game. You need a lot of material for research, explorers and miners must bring what they found, sciencist must do research and then you can produce something better. Impossible in 2 hour round.
If something should happend, it will takes about 20-30 minuts to traitor before he do something. That's the fact. You need some preparations, some stuff, think about the gimmick etc. Length of crew transfer is 25 minutes to next round: (10 minutes shuttle, 3 minutes waiting, 2 minutes enrout, 3 minutes restart, 3 minutes initialization of server, 3+1 minutes starting. And then some minutes for next "event" - meaning antagonist act. This can be almost 40 minutes. This is a lot. Why we wasted our time by useles crew transfers?
If players are unhappy, the solution cannot be found in next round, it must be solved in the round what actually is.
What are my suggestions:
- I do not want to remove Crew transfer voting but I would to change it. It will no be forced by server, but anybody can vote for crew transfer every 3 hours from last voting and at least 6 hours from a start of the round.
- Crew transfer need at least 75% of active players to be accepted. (Active player = player which is in game. Not observers, no ghosts, no in lobby players)
- Only active players can vote for crew transfer.
- Add new voting for unhappy players. Let's name it "Would you like to pepper the round?" 50% people needed to pepper the round. What is it? It should add antagonist to round, if there is enough observers it can offer them to join the game as Mercenary, Wizard, whatever, or it can start some event. Please note that this will save 25 minutes of round and players lives. Antagonists are spawned instantly, not after start of new round (Reason four).
- We will achieve longer rounds with same conditions.
- It will improve low population rounds.
- Server will be more powerful and differend from other servers.
- This will not remove possible mods, it will just make the round longers and/or
- the rounds will be more spicy.
If you want to comment for example "No, the old system is better" don't comment. Explain why at least. Thank you