Dungeons and Dragons, Microlite 20 into the game

All things related to the Polaris community.
RecklessOne

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm sure it's been discussed to death, and is already done somewhere else, in a MUCH better format, but because of a goofy round almost a month back, I am trying to translate the Microlite20 free source into a form that can be copy-pasted onto paper into the game, and then given to the 'players' to read over to familiarize themselves with the rules, and have a guide to check back to while playing. It's frustrating not having multi-page books for this kind of things, but I don't even know where I could begin to try and 'solve' that. I am NOT very good at writing, and have done almost all of this work pretty early in the morning, or very late at night, so it isn't the best.

Mostly posting here, because I was struggling with how to get it to look good. I realized the source material has a lot of contradictions, or things I've tried to fix, and that it needs some balancing. Once things are fixed and worked out, in extended rounds on my days off I'll try and prompt fellow nerdy players to join me for an adventure, or to host their own. It's a lot of material to write into the game, so it might not be worth it, but I figure it's better than struggling to explain rules, or assume people know it before hand. And it could be fun. I am sorry for the very bad formatting and the many spelling errors. Going to try and do this in a 'page by page' way, to break it up and make it less overwhelming.

Cover Page / Table of Contents / IntroductionShow

Code: Select all

[center][h2]MICROLITE 20[BR]PLAYER HANDBOOK[/h2]
[hr]
A GUIDE TO CHARACTER CREATION
[br]
BASIC RULES
[br]
EXAMPLE MONSTERS
[br]
AND MUCH MORE
[br]
[br]
[small]Transcribed by Sofia Ann.[/small]

----- Page 0
[center][h1]Table of Contents[/h1][/center]
[list]
[*]Page 1 - [b]FOREWORD[/b] [/list]
[h3]Character Creation[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 2 - Stats
[*]Page 3 - Skills
[*]Page 4 - Races
[*]Page 5 - Classes
[/list]
[h3]Starting Equipment[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 6 - Introduction
[*]Page 7 - Weapons
[*]Page 8 - Shields and Armor
[*]Page 9 - Starting Gear
[/list]
[h3]Gameplay[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 10 - Combat Rules
[*]Page 11 - Magic
[*]Page 12 - Level Advancement
[/list]
[h3]Items[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 13 - Adventuring Gear 
[*]Page 14 - Clothing
[*]Page 15 - Mounts and Related Gear
[/list]
[h3]Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 16 - Arcane
[*]Page 17 - Divine
[*]Page 18 - Illusion
[*]Page 19 - Druidic
[/list]
[h3]Game Master's Guide[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 20 - Rewards
[*]Page 21 - Monsters
[*]Page 22 - Traps
[*]Page 23 - Disease
[*] Page 24 - Poison
[*] Page 25 -Enviromental Hazards
[/list]
[h3]CONCLUSION[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 26 - Conclusion, Encourgement
[/list]

----- Page 1
[br]
Thank you for taking the time to Find and Read this copy of Microlite 20's Player hand book!  This book should contain all of the basic information to begin a game of Microlite 20, a bare-bones Dungeons and Dragons Experience.  The basics of gameplay, character creations, and some information for the Game Master are contained within.  [br]
As well, some lists of equipment and spells will give you, as a player, a wealth of information on how to best equip your player, and what you can cast, and do in the game.
[br]
Most importantly, setting asides spells, swords, combat and the like this is a Roleplaying game!  It's important to remember that while the adventure is the 'meat' of the game, you are entering a world crafted by your Game Master.  It's important to play the role of your character to deeply enjoy the experience.  While you or your GM may decide to ignore some of the more indepth items, things like stopping for food and drink, or pausing to rest, try to imagine what life is like for your character.  Is the grind of the dungeon wearing them down mentally? Are you growing in power, but losing your humanity?  What are the goals for your character?  Try to think of these things as you begin your fantasy adventure! 
[br] And finally, above all else, this is meant to be played for fun! If you're becoming frustrated, or aggrevated by your Game Master, or finding the people you're playing with just arn't meshing, communicate that! If all else fails, you can polietly excuse yourself.  You're here to have fun, not make your blood boil. So please, read, play and enjoy! Have a good time with your friends.  Thanks, for reading, and have a great time.
Character Creation, involving state, skills, races and class.Show

-----Page 2
[h2] CHARACTER CREATION [/h2]
[hr]
[h3]STATS[/h3]
There are 3 Stats:
[list]
[*]Strength(STR) 
[*]Dex(DEX) 
[*]Mind(MIND)
[/list]
Roll 4d6, dropping the lowest dice.[br] Total the reaming 3 dice and alocate to one of the stats. 
[br]
Repeat for the remaining Stats.
[br]
Stat Bonus = (STAT - 10) / 2, rounded down.

-----Page 3
[hr]
[h3]Skills[/h3]
There are 5 Skills: 
[list]
[b]
[*]Physical
[*]Subterfuge
[*]Knowledge
[*]Communication
[*]Survival
[/b]
[/list]
Roll higher than the given Difficult Class to Succeed.[br]
[i]Skill Rank[/i] = Your Level + Any bonus due to your class or race. [i]Skill roll[/i]= d20 + skill rank + whatever stat bonus is most applicable to the use + situation modifiers
[br]
Example:
[list]
[*]Climbing would use [b]Physical[/b]+[b]STR[/b] Bonus.
[*]Dodging a falling rock is [b]Physical[/b]+[b]DEX[/b] Bonus.
[*]Finding a trap is [b]Subterfuge[/b] + [b]MIND[/b] Bonus.
[*]Disabling a trap is [b]Subterfuge[/b]+[b]DEX[/b] Bonus.
[/list]
Note that there are no "saving throws" in the game. Use [b]Phyiscal[/b] + [b]STR[/b] or [b]DEX[/b] bonus for Fortitude and Reflex Saves.  Saving against magic (Will save) is usually [b]MIND[/b] bonus + your level.
[br]
[br]
The [b]Survival[/b] skill is used for things like tracking, foraging, setting or spotting snares, hunting, finding water or rare herbs, determining direction, and the like.  Only [b]Ranger[/b] and [b]Druids[/b] are specialized with this skill.

-----Page 4
[hr]
[h3] Races [/h3]
[list]
[*]Humans get +1 to all Skill Rolls
[*]Elves get +2 [b]MIND[/b]
[*]Dwarves get +2 [b]STR[/b]
[*]Halflings get +2 [b]DEX[/b]
[*]Gnomes get +1 [b]DEX[/b], +1 [b]MIND[/b]
[*]Half Orcs get +4 [b]STR[/b], -2 [b]MIND[/b]
[*]Half-Elves get +1 [b]DEX[/b], +1 to 2 Skills
[*]Lizardmen get +2 [b]STR[/b],+2 [b]DEX[/b],-2 [b]MIND[/b]
[hr]
[/list]

-----Page 5
[hr]
[h3] Classes [/h3]
The Classes are Fighter, Rogue, Mage, Cleric, Paladin, Ranger, illusionist, Druid and Bard.  Characters begin at level 1.
[br]
[b]Fighters [/b]
[list]
[*]Wear Any kind of armor and use sheilds
[*] They have a +3 Bonus to [i]Phyiscal Skill[/i] 
[*] Add +1 to all attack and Damage rolls
[br]
[small]This increases by +1 at 5th level, and ever five levels on.[/small]
[/list]

[b]Rogues[/b] 
[list]
[*]Can use Light armor
[*]They have a +3 Bonus to [i]Subterfuge Skill[/i] [*]If they successfully Sneak [small](Usually sub+[b]DEX[/b], but depends on situation)[/small] up on a foe they can add their [i]Subterfuge Skill[/i] rank to the damage of their first attack.
[/list]

[b]Mage [/b]
[list]
[*]Wear no Armor
[*]The can cast Arcane Spells
[*]Gain a +3 bonus to [i]Knowledge Skill[/i] 
[/list]

[b]Clerics[/b]
[list]
[*]Can wear light or medium armor
[*]They cast divine spells
[*]Gain +3 to [Communication Skill[/i] 
[*]A [b]Cleric[/b] Can Turn Undead with a successful Magic Attack.  DC is the current Hit Points of the Undead. If the DC is exceeded by 10 the Undead is destroyed.  
[br]
[small]This can be used (2 + Level + [b]MIND[/b] Bonus) times per day.[/small]
[/list]

[b]Paladins[/b]
[list]
[*]Wear any kind of armor and use shields
[*]They have a +1 to [i]Phyiscal Skill[/i] 
[*]They have a +2 to [i]Communication Skill[/i]
[*]They are immune to Diseases and apply a +1 Bonus to all "saving" throws[br][small]This increases by +1 at 5th level, and ever five levels on[/small]
[*][b]Paladins[/b] can Detect Evil within 60 feet at will
[*]Can heal 2 health Points per level, Per day by laying on hands
[*]A character [b]MUST[/b] be of Lawful Good Alignment to be a Paladin
[/list]

[b]Rangers[/b]
[list]
[*]Wear Light or Medium armor, and can use shields
[*]They gain +1 to Hit and Damage with Ranged Weapons
[*]They [b]ONLY[/b] Suffer a -1 to hit Penalty when fighting with 2 weapons
[*]They have a +3 bonus to [i]Survival Skill[/i] 
[/list]

[b]Illusionists[/b]
[list]
[*]Wear no armor
[*]They can cast illusionist Spells
[*]They gain +2 to [i]Communication Skill[/i] 
[*]They gain +1 to [i] Subterfuge Skill [/i] 
[*]Characters [b]MUST[/b] have a minimum [b]DEX[/b] of 13 to be an [b]Illusionist[/b]
[/list]

[b]Druids[/b][list]
[*]Wear any non-metal Armor or Shield
[*]They can cast Druid Spells
[*]They gain +2 to [i]Knowledge Skill[/i] 
[*]They gain +2 to [i]Survival Skill[/i]
[*]Druids are immune to the spell-like effects of Woodland Fey
[*]At 3rd Level a [b]Druid[/b] can pass without trace at will
[*]At 7th Level a [b]Druid[/b] can assume the form of any Small or Medium Sized Animal up to 3 times per day.[small]A Druid heals 2 HP per level when changing back into their human form.[/small]
[/list]

[b]Bards[/b][list]
[*]Wear light armor and can use bucklers.
[*]They gain a +2 to [i]Communication[/i], [i]Subterfuge[/i], and [i]Knowledge[/i]
[*]A [b]Bard[/b] can counter sound-based effects within a 30 foot radius
[*]A [b]Bard[/b] can use his song to charm a target, or remove fear up to 3 times (total) Per day
[*]Beginning at 6th Level, a [b]Bard[/b] casts spells as either a [b]Druid[/b] of [b]Illusioniust[/b] [small](player's choice)[/small]of 5 levels lower.
Starting EquipmentShow

-----Page 6
[h2] Starting Equipment [/h2]
[hr]
[h3] Introduction[/h3]
[b]Starting Wealth[/b]
[br]
The most common coin in the game enviroment is the [i]Gold Piece[/i] or [i]GP[/i].  A [i]Gold Piece[/i]  is worth 10 [i]Silver Piece[/i]s or [i]SP[/i].  Each [i]Silver Piece[/i] is worth 10 [i]Copper Piece[/i]s or [i]CP[/i].  In addition to Copper, Silver, and Gold coins there are also [i]Platinum Piece[/i]s, which are each worth 10 [i]GP[/i].
[br]
When you begin the game, you will start with a certain amount of wealth, determined by the class you have chosen.  
[list]
[*]Fighter, Paladin | 150 GP
[*] Rogue, Ranger, Druid | 125 GP
[*] Cleric, Bard | 120 GP
[*]Mage, illusionist | 75 GP
[/list]
The Character uses this accumulated wealth to purchase their initial weapons, armor and adventuring equipment using the prices listed on the next several pages.  The equipment will be listed in a " ITEM | COST | DAMAGE | RANGE INCREMENT" Style for weapons, and a "ITEM | COST | AC BONUS" style for Armor and Shields.
[h3]Weapon[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Cost[/b]:This value is the price for purchasing the weapon.  The cost includes miscellaneous gear that goes with the weapon. [Sheathes, Oil, Sharpening Stones, ect.]
[*][b]Damage[/b]: The damage section lists the damage dealt by the weapon on a successful hit.
[*][b]Range increment[/b]:Any attack at less than this distance is not penalized for range.  However, each full range increment imposes a cumulative =2 penalty on the attack roll.  A thrown weapon has a maximum range of five range increments. A projectile weapon can shoot out to ten range increments.
[/list]
[h3]Armor and Shields[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Cost[/b]:This value is the price for purchasing the Armor.
[*][b]AC Bonus[/b]:This value is the armor class bonus provided by the Armor
[/list]

-----Page 7
[h2] Starting Equipment[/h2]
[hr]
[h3]WEAPONS[/h3]
[center]TWO-HANDED[/center]
[list]
[*][b]WEAPON | COST ([i]GP[/i]) |DAMAGE | RANGE (FT)[/b]
[*]Chain, Spiked | 25 | 2d4 | ----
[*]Falchion | 75 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Flail, Heavy | 15 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Glaive | 8 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Greatave | 20 | 1d10 | ----
[*]Great Club | 5 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Greatsword | 50 | 2d6 | ----
[*]Guisarme | 9 | 2d4 | ----
[*]Halberd | 10 | 1d10 | ----
[*]Lance | 10 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Longspear | 5 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Quarterstaff | ---- | 1d6 | ----
[*]Scythe | 18 | 2d4 | ----
[*]Spear | 2 | 1d8 | 20 
[/list]
[hr]
[center]LIGHT[/center]
[list]
[*]Unarmed | ---- | 1d3 | ---- 
[*]Axe, Throwing | 8 | 1d6 | 10
[*]Dagger | 2 | 1d4 | 10
[*]Hammer, Light | 1 | 1d6 | 20
[*]Handaxe | 6 | 1d4 | ----
[*]Mace, Light | 5 |1d6 | ----
[*]Pick, Light | 4 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Sap | 1 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Sickle | 6 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Sword, Short | 10 | 1d6 | ----
[/list]
[hr]
[center] One-Handed [/center]
[list]
[*]Battleaxe | 10 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Club | ---- | 1d6 | 10
[*]Flail | 8 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Longsword | 15 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Mace, Heavy | 12 | 1d8 | ----
[/list]

-----Page 8
[h2]Starting Equipment [/h2]
[hr]
[h3]ARMOR AND SHIELDS[/h3]
[center]LIGHT[/center]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST | AC BONUS [/b]
[*]Padded | 2 | +1
[*]Leather | 10 | +2
[*]Reinforced Leather | 25 | +3
[*]Chain Shirt | 100 | +4
[/list]
[hr]
[center]MEDIUM[/center]
[list]
[*]Hide | 15 | +3
[*]Scale Mail | 50 | +4
[*]Chainmail | 150 | +5
[*]Breastplate | 200 | +5
[/list]
[hr]
[center]HEAVY[/center]
[list]
[*]Splint Mail | 200 | +6
[*]Banded Mail |250 | +6
[*]Half-plate | 600 | +7 
[*]Full-Plate | 1500 | +8
[/list]
[hr]
[center]SHIELDS[/center]
[list]
[*]Buckler | 15 | +1
[*]Shield, Light Wooden | 3 | +1
[*]Shield, Light Steel | 9 | +1
[*]Shield, Heavy Wooden | 7 | +2
[*]Shield, Heavy Steel | 20 | +2
[*]Tower | 30 | +4
[/list]
[hr]

-----Page 9
[h2]STARTING EQUIPMENT[/h2]
[hr]
[h3]ADVENTURING GEAR[/h3]
In the past, there were standard equipment packs, pre-compiled, pre-calculated and pre-assigned to classes, to help new players get a quick start into their adventure.  This document is inspired by those lists, and provides a fast way for palyers to quickly equip their Player Character, or for a Game Master to equip an NPC or Fireling on the fly.  Additonally, these optional kits can be used to give a starting point from which to customize new characters.  Each starting kid costs the player 50 gold if they choose to purchase it.
[hr]
[center]PACK A (1-2)[/center]
[list]
[*]Backpack
[*]Bedroll
[*]Belt Pouch
[*]2 Sets of Caltrops
[*]Flint and Steel
[*]Lantern (hooded)
[*]10 Oil Flasks
[*]Trail Rations (1 Week)
[*]Shovel
[*]Signal Whistle
[*]Waterskin
[/list]
[hr]
[center]PACK B (3-4)[/center]
[list]
[*]Backpack
[*]Bedroll
[*]Belt Pouch
[*]10 pieces of Chalk
[*]Crowbar
[*]Flint and Steel
[*]Small Steel Mirror
[*]4 Oil Flasks
[*]10 Foot Pole
[*] 10 Torches
[/list]
[hr]
[center]PACK C (5-6)[/center]
[*]Backpack
[*]Bedroll
[*]Belt Pouch
[*]Flint and Steel
[*]Grappling Hook
[*]5 Oil Flasks
[*]10 Foot Pole
[*]Trail Rations (1 week)
[*]50 Feet of Rope
[*]Tent
[*]10 Torches
[/list]
[hr]
In addtion to these items, each Class always begins the game with some starter equipment. Per Class these items are:
[list]
[*][b]Fighter[/b]:Vial of Holy Water, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Paladin[/b]:Vial of Holy Water, Silver Holy Symol, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Rogue[/b]:Thieves' Tools, 2 Smoke Bombs, 
[*]Ranger[/b]:Guide to Natures Bounty, 1 Bear Trap, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Bard[/b]:Instrument of Ones choosing, 10 gold Pieces
[*][b]Druid[/b]:Guide to Natures Bounty, Hunting Horn, 1 Rare Gem
[*][b]Cleric[/b]:Silver Holy Symbol, Prayer Book, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Illusionist[/b]:2 Smoke Bombs, Spell book, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Mage[/b]:Spellbook, 2 Spell Pouches, 5 Gold Pieces
[/list]
Hit Points, Magic Points, Level advancementShow

-----Page 10
[h2] GAME PLAY [/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]COMBAT RULES[/h3][/center]
[br]
[i]HIT POINTS [small]HP[/small][/i] = [b]STR[/b] Stat + 1d6 Per Level.  If [i]HP[/i] Reaches 0, you fall unconcious, or enter a NEAR DEATH state.  Further Damage directly reduces [b]STR[/b]. If that reaches 0, your character dies.
[br]
For initiative order, AKA Combat Order roll a d20 and add your [b]DEX[/b] bonus.  Everyone can do one thing each turn; Move, Attack, Cast a Spell, perform an Action, ect.  Speaking does not count as consuming a turn in combat, but things that require a roll do.
[br]
Add attack bonus' to d20 roll. If your roll is higher than your opponent's Armor Class ([b]AC[/b]),it's a Hit.  Natural 20 is automatically a critical hit doing maximum damage, regardless of the enemies AC.
[br]
[list]
[*]Melee Attack Bonus = [b]STR[/b] Bonus + Level
[*]Missile Attack Bonus = [b]DEX[/b] Bonus + Level
[*]Magic Attack Bonus = [b]MIND[/b] Bonus + Level
[/list]
[small]As a Reminder,STAT BONUS = (STAT - 10) / 2, rounded down.[/small]
[br]
If the total [i]Attack Bonus[/i] is +6 or more, a second attack can be made with a -5 penalty.  If the [i]Attack Bonus[/i] is +11 or more, a third attack can be made at -10.  For Example, if the total bonus is +12, three attacks can be made at +12 / +7 / +2 
[br]
[b]Fighters[/b], [b]Paladins[/b], [b]Rangers[/b], and [b]Rogues[/b] can use [b]DEX[/b] Bonus + Level, as a Melee attack bonus if wielding a light weapon.  [b]Fighers[/b],[b]Rangers[/b], and [b]Rogues[/b] can wield 2 light weapons, and attack with both in a round if they take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls during that round.  Rapiers count as light weapons, but you cannoy wield two rapiers at the same time.
[br]
Add [b]STR[/b] Bonus to Melee Damage, x2 for 2-handed weapons.  Armor Class ([b]AC[/b]) = 10 + [b]DEX[/b] Bonus + Armor Bonus from equipment.
[hr]
[center][h3]OTHER HAZARDS[/h3][/center]
[b]Falling[/b]
[br]
1d6 damage per 10 feet, half damage on [b]Physical[/b] + [b]DEX[/b] Save. DC = Depth fallen in feet
br
[b]Spikes[/b]
[br]
Add +1 point to falling damage per 10 feet, maximum of + 10 damage.
[br]
[b]Poison[/b]
[br]
[b]Physical[/b] + [b]STR[/b] Save to avoid or for half, depending on the poison.  Effect varies with poison type.
[br]
[b]Extreme Heat & Cold[/b]
[br]
If not wearing suitable protection, [b]Phyiscal[/b] +  [b]STR[/b] Save once every 10 minutes. (DC 15 + 1 per previous check), taking 1d6 Damage on each failed save.

-----Page 11
[h2] GAME PLAY [/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]MAGIC[/h3][/center]
[br]
[b]Mana Points[/b] A player determines their [b]MP[/b] in much the same way the determine their [b]HP[/b].  Use [b]MP[/b] = [b]MIND[/b] Stat + 1d6 per level.
Magi can cast any Arcane Spell, Clerics any Divine Spell, Illusionists any Illusion Spell, and Druids and Druidic Spell, so long as the spell has a [b]SPELL LEVEL[/b] equal or below one half their class level, rounded up.  [br]
Casting spells of any kind costs [b]Mana Points[/b].  The cost to cast is [i]1 + twice the level of the spell being cast[/i].
[list]
[*]SPELL LEVEL | MP COST
[*]0 | 1
[*]1 | 3
[*]2 | 5
[*]3 | 7
[*]4 | 9
[*]5 | 11
[*]6 | 13
[*]7 | 15
[*]8 | 17
[*]9 | 19
[/list]
This loss can only be recovered after resting for 8 hours.  If a player spends all of their MP, they may cast Spells using HP instead, though the cost is double the number of HP.  IE a level 1 spell costs 6 HP to cast when the Character has no Mana.  [i]There is NO need to memorize spells in advanced.[/i]
[br]
Just because a character [i]CAN[/i] cast any spell doesn't mean that they should.  Choose spells that suit the character.  Select one 'signature'spell per level from 1st upward that they prefer to use over any other.  These spells are easier to cast due to familairty, costing 1 less [b]MP[/b] to use.  The Difficulty Class ([b]DC[/b]) for all spells is: [i]10 + Caster Level + Caster's [b]MIND[/b] bonus[/i].
[br]
There are several ways for spell casters to add some variety to their repertoire.  Each modifies a spell in a given way, and each [b]doubles the casting time[/b] of the modified spell.  Most spells become multi-turn actions, forcing a player to stand and concentrate on the casting.  In addition, each requires an additional expenditure of Mana Points, added to the standard cost of the spell at the time it is cast.
[list]
[*][b]Extending[/b]:Spell lasts twice as long as it normally would.  An extended spell costs an additional 2 MP
[*][b]Empowering[/b]:Makes a spell deal 50% more damage than it normally would.  An empowered sepll costs an additional 4 MP
[*][b]Widening[/b]:Makes a spell's area of effect twice as big as it would normally be. A widened spell costs an additional 6 MP

-----Page 12
[h2] GAME PLAY [/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]LEVEL ADVANCEMENT[/h3][/center]
[br]
[i]Encounter Level[/i] = Hit Dice of defeated Monsters, or the given [i]Encounter Level[/i] (EL) for the traps, situation, ect.  Add + 1 for each doubling of the number of foes.  EG 1 Kobold = EL 1.  2 Kobolds = EL2. 4 Kobolds = EL3, and so on.
[br]
Add up the [i]Encounter Levels[/i] (ELs) of every encounter you take part in.  When the total = 10 x your current level, you've advanced to the next level. Reset the total to 0 after advancing.
[br]
[b]Each Level Adds[/b][list]
[*]1d6 to Hitpoints
[*]+1 to all Attack Rolls
[*]+1 to all Skills
[*]If the level dicides by three [small](3, 6, 9, 12, ect)[/small] add 1 point to [b]STR[/b], [b]DEX[/b], or [b]MIND[/b]
[/list]
[b]Fighters[/b] and [b]Paladins[/b] gain +1 to their attack and damage rolls at levels 5, 10, 15, ect.
[br]
[b]Clerics[/b], [b]Magi[/b],[b]Illusionists[/b] and [b]Bards[/b] Gain Access to New Spell levels at level 3, 5, 7, 9, ect.
[br]
[b]EXAMPLE[/b]: The 1st level adventurers have just completed a dungeon adventure, and defeated 5 EL1 Encounter, an EL2 Trap, and the EL3 Leader. That's a total of EL10 (5 + 2 + 3 = 10), so they all advance to level 2. They need to defeat another 20 Encounter Levels to reach Level 3.
Items, just a giant list of items.Show

-----Page 13
[h2] ITEMS [/h2]
[hr]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST[/b][/list]A[list]
[*]Acid (Flask) | 10 GP
[*]Antitoxin (vial) | 50 GP
[*]Artisan's Tools | 5 GP
[hr]
[/list]B[list]
[*]Backpack (Empty) | 2 GP
[*]Barrel (Empty) | 2 GP
[*]Basket (Empty) | 4 SP
[*]Bedroll | 1 SP
[*]Bell | 1 GP
[*]Blanket, Winter | 5 SP
[*]Block and Tackle | 5 GP
[*]Bucket (Empty)| 5 SP
[hr]
[/list]C[list]
[*]Caltrops | 1 GP
[*]Candle | 1 CP
[*]Canvas (sq. yd.) | 1 SP
[*]Case, Map or Scroll | 1 GP
[*]Chain (10 Ft.) | 30 GP
[*]Chalk, 1 piece | 1 CP
[*]Chest (Empty) | 2 GP
[*]Craftsman's Tools | 5 GP
[*]Crowbar | 2 GP
[hr]
[/list]d[list]
[*]Disguise Kit | 50 GP 
[hr]
[/list]F[list]
[*]Firewood (Per Day) | 1 CP
[*]Fish Hook | 1 SP
[*]Fishing Net (25 Sq. Ft.) | 4 GP
[*]Flask (Empty) | 3 CP
[*]Flint and Steel | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]G[list]
[*]Glass Bottle, Wine | 2 GP
[*]Grappling Hook | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]H[list]
[*]Hammer | 5 SP
[*]Healer's Kit | 50 GP
[*]Holy Symbol, Wooden | 1 GP
[*]Holy Symbol, Silver | 25 GP
[*]Holy Water (Flask) | 25 GP
[*]Hourglass | 25 GP
[hr]
[/list]I[list]
[*]Ink (1oz. Vial) | 8 GP
[*]Inkpen | 1 SP
[hr]
[/list]J[list]
[*]Jug, Clay | 3 CP
[hr]
[/list]L[list]
[*]Ladder (10 ft.) | 5 CP
[*]Lamp, Common | 1 SP
[*]Lantern, Bullseye | 12 GP
[*]Lantern, Hooded | 7 GP
[*]Lock, Simple | 20 GP
[*]Lock, Average | 40 GP
[*]Lock, Good | 80 GP
[hr]
[/list]M[list]
[*]Magnifying Glass | 100 GP
[*]Manacles | 50 GP
[*]Mirror, small steel | 10 GP
[*]Mug/Tankard, Clay | 2 CP
[*]Musical Instrument |5 GP
[hr]
[/list]O[list]
[*]Oil, Flask (1 pint) | 1 SP
[hr]
[/list]P[list]
[*]Paper (Sheet) | 5 SP
[*]Parchment (Sheet) | 2 SP
[*]Picker, Miner's | 3 GP
[*]Pitcher, Clay | 2 CP
[*]Piton | 1 SP
[*]Pole(10 ft)  | 2 SP
[*]Pot, iron | 5 SP
[*]Pouch, Belt (empty) | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]R[list]
[*]Ram, Portable | 10 GP
[*]Rations, Trail (Per Day) | 5 SP
[*]Rope, Hempen (50 ft.) | 1 GP
[*]Rope, Silk (50 ft.) | 10 GP
[hr]
[/list]S[list]
[*]Sack, Empty | 1 SP
[*]Sealing Wax | 1 GP
[*]Sewing Needle | 5 SP
[*]Shovel or Spade | 2  GP
[*]Signal Whistle | 8 SP
[*]Signet Ring | 5 GP
[*]Sledge | 1 GP
[*]Soap (per LB.) | 5 SP
[*]Spell Component Pouch | 5 GP
[*]Spyglass | 1 PLATINUM PIECE
[hr] 
[/list]T[list]
[*]Tent | 10 GP
[*]Thieves' Tools | 30 GP
[*]Torch | 1 CP
[hr]
[/list]V[list]
[*]Vial, ink or potion | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]W[list]
[*]Waterskin | 1 GP
[*]Whetstone | 2 CP
[/list]

-----Page 14
[h2] ITEMS[/h2]
[hr]
[h3]CLOTHING[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST[/b]
[*]Artisan's Outfit | 1 GP
[*]Cleric's Cestments | 5 GP
[*]Cold Weather Outfit | 8 GP
[*]Courtier's Outfit | 30 GP
[*]Entertainer's Outfit | 3 GP
[*]Explorer's Outfit | 10 GP
[*]Monk's Outfit | 5 GP
[*]Noble's Outfit | 75 GP
[*]Peasant's Outfit | 1 SP
[*]Royal Outfit | 200 GP
[*] Scholar's Outfit | 5 GP
[*] Travelers Outfit | 1GP

-----Page 15
[h2] ITEMS [/h2]
[hr]
[h3]MOUNTS AND RELATED GEAR[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST[/b]
[*]Barding, Medium Creature | Armor Price x 2
[*]Barding, Large Creature | Armor Price x 4
[*]Bit and Bridle | 2 GP
[*]Dog, guard | 25 GP
[*]Dog, war | 75 GP
[*]Donkey or mule | 8 GP
[*]Feed (Per Day) | 5 CP
[*]Horse, heavy | 200 GP
[*]Horse, Light | 75 GP
[*]Pony | 30 GP
[*]Saddle, military | 20 GP
[*]Saddle, pack | 5 GP
[*]Saddle, Riding | 10 GP
[*]Saddlebags | 4 GP
[*]Stabling (Per Day) | 5 SP
[*]Warhourse, heavy | 400 GP
[*]Warhourse, light | 150 GP
[*]Warpony | 100 GP
Magic, Spell listShow

-----Page 16
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]ARCANE SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[hr]
[h3] 0-Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Arcane Mark[/b]:Inscribes a permanent personal rune (visible or invisible).
[*][b]Detect Magic[/b]:Detects spells and magic items within 60 feet for up to 1 minute per level, or until concentration ends.
[*][b]Ghost Sound[/b]:Figment sounds for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Light[/b]:Object shines like a torch for 10 minutes per level.
[*][b]Mage Hand[/b]:5 Pound telekinesis. Lasts until concentration ends.  Increases telekinesis weight by 10 pounds per level.
[*][b]Prestidigitation[/b]:Performs minor tricks for 1 hour.
[*][b]Read Magic[/b]:Read scrolls and spellbooks for 10 minutes per level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]1st Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Feather Fall[/b]:Objects or creatures fall slowly for 1 Round per level, or until landing.
[*][b]Floating Disk[/b]:Creates 3 Foot diameter horizontal disk that holds 100 pounds per level. Lasts for 1 hour per level.
[*][b]Mage Armor[/b]:Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Magic Missile[/b]:1d4+1 Damage per Missile; +1 Missile per two levels abost 1st (Max 5 Missiles)
[*][b]Sleep[/b]:Puts 4 hit dice of creatures into magical slumber for 1 minute per level. 
[*][b]shocking Grasp[/b]:Touch delivers 1d6 per level electricity damage (Max 5d6).
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]2nd Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Acid Arrow[/b]:Ranged touch attack, 2d4 damage for 1 round + 1 Round per three Levels.
[*][b]Flaming Sphere[/b]:Creates a rolling ball of fire ,dealing 2d6 Damage, lasting one round per level. Can be moved as your move action. Deals Damage to creatures it touches.
[*][b]Invisibility[/b]:Subject is invisible for 1 minute per level, or until it attacks.
[*][b]Knock[/b]:Opens locked or magically sealed doors.
[*][b]Levitate[/b]:Subject moves up and down at your direction for 1 minute per level.
[*][b]Spider Climb[/b]:Grants ability to walk on walls and ceilings for 10 minutes per Level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]3rd Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Clairaudience / Clairvoyance[/b]:Hear or see at a distance for 1 minute per level.
[*][b]Dispel Magic[/b]:Cancels magical spells and effects.
[*][b]Fireball[/b]:1d6 Damage per level. Launches a fire ball that bursts, catching everything within 20 feet aflame.
[*][b]Fly[/b]:Subject flies at Speed of 60 Feet for 1 Minute per level.
[*][b]Lightning Bolt[/b]:Electricity damage, 1d6 Per Level.
[*][b]Vampiric Touch[/b]:Touch deals 1d6 per two levels as damage.  Caster Gains damage as HP.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]4th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Animate Dead[/b]:Creates level x2 Hit Die of undead Skeletons or Zombies
[*][b]Arcane Eye[/b]: An Invisible eye moves 30 feet per found for 1 Minute per level.  The Eye reveals magical traps, and grants vision to the caster.
[*][b]Black Tentacles[/b]:Tentacles grapple all within a 20 foot spread for one round.
[*][b]Dimension Door[/b]:Teleports the caster a short distance
[*][b]Polymorph[/b]:Gives one willing subject a new form for 1 Minute per level.
[*][b]Stoneskin[/b]:Ignore 10 points of damage per attack. Lasts for 1 round per level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]5th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Cloudkill[/b]:Kills 3 hit dice or less ; 4-6 hit dice save or die ; 6+ hit dice take STR damage. Lasts for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Contact Other Plane[/b]:Lets you ask 1 question of an extra planar entity. Lasts until concentration ends.
[*][b]Feeblemind[/b]:Subject's MIND score drops to 1.
[*][b]Passwall[/b]:Creates a passage through wood, earthen, or stone walls for 1 hour per level.
[*][b]Permanency[/b]:Makes spells marked on surfaces using Arcane Mark permanent.
[*][b]Teleport[/b]:Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles per level
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]6th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Antimagic Field[/b]:Negates magic around the caster, within 10 feet for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Chain Lightning[/b]:1d6 per Level damage. 1 secondary bolt per level deals half damage.
[*][b]Contingency[/b]:Sets trigger condition for another spell. Lasts for 1 Day per level, or until discharged.  Mana cost for that spell is spent when Contingency is cast. 
[*][b]Disintegrate[/b]:Destroys 1 inanimate creature or object.
[*][b]Geas[/b]:Commands any creature, binding it to a special task. Lasts for 1 Day per level, or until discharged, or until the task is complete.
[*][b]True Seeing[/b]:Lets you see all things as they really are, revealing traps, piercing illusion, and seeing the invisible for 1 Minute per level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]7th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Delayed Blast Fireball[/b]:1d6 per level fire damage. You can postpone the blast for 5 rounds. For every round delayed add 1d6 per level fire damage.
[*][b]Ethereal Jaunt[/b]:You travel to the Ethereal Plane for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Finger of Death[/b]:Kills 1 subject.
[*][b]Plane Shift[/b]:As many as 8 willing subjects travel to another Plane.
[*][b]Power Word Blind[/b]:Blinds creature with 200 hp or less for 1d4+1 minutes. (Permanent if creature has less than 50 hp).
[*][b]Spell Turning[/b]:Reflect 1d4+6 Spell levels back at caster for 1 round per level, or until expended.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]8th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Clone[/b]:Duplicate awakens when original dies. Only a single clone of a target may exist at one time. Clones disintegrate after one day passes if they are not awoken.
[*][b]Horrid Wilting[/b]:Deals 1d6 per level damage within 30 feet.
[*][b]Incendiary Cloud[/b]:Cloud deals 4d6 fire damage a round for  1 Round per level.
[*][b]Irresistible Dance[/b]:Foces subject to dance for 1d4+1 Rounds
[*][b]Power Word Stun[/b]:Stuns creatures with 150 HP or less for 2d4 Rounds.
[*][b]Trap The Soul[/b]:Imprisons subject within a Gem.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]9th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Astral Projection[/b]:Projects you and your companions onto the Astral Plane.
[*][b]Etherealness[/b]:Travel to Ethereal Plane with companions for 1 Minute per level.
[*][b]Gate[/b]:Connects two Planes for travel or summoning. Portal is open for 1 Round per level.
[*][b]Meteor Swarm[/b]:4 Exploding spheres each deal 6d6 fire damage. Each blast dealing the damage to all creatures within 20 feet of impact.
[*][b]Power Word Kill[/b]:Kills one creature with 100 HP or less. Cannot be resisted or stopped.
[*][b]Soul Bind[/b]:Traps newly dead souls, preventing resurrection.
[/list]

-----Page 17
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]DIVINE SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[br]

-----Page 18
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]ILLUSIONIST SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[br]

-----Page 19
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]DRUIDIC SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[br]
I know that this is a lot of stuff, but I am trying to convert the source material into a 'useable' format. If you know anything about Dungeons and Dragons, or would want to play it in Spess, or just want to help out with proofing / making it better, I'd appreciate it. Along with Questions you might have about the subject matter, or anything at all.
Source material I'm copying
Last edited by RecklessOne on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RecklessOne

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:34 pm

The Total, unbroken up version that is straight from the word document. In case you wanted to copy / paste it to a word document of your choice for easier reading or editing of any sort. I'm going to keep working on this, but even I have questions, like the whole no DC, then later the manual referencing DC's thing. The spells in the Original need balanced, and some of them seem worked on, while others are open and not elaborated on. I'd like for the manual to be a pretty self contained thing, a single player can grab the sections / pages from, write, and stick together in the game, without having to worry about supplemental information like reference guides or books.

[center][h2]MICROLITE 20[BR]PLAYER HANDBOOK[/h2]
[hr]
A GUIDE TO CHARACTER CREATION
[br]
BASIC RULES
[br]
EXAMPLE MONSTERS
[br]
AND MUCH MORE
[br]
[br]
[small]Transcribed by Sofia Ann.[/small]

----- Page 0
[center][h1]Table of Contents[/h1][/center]
[list]
[*]Page 1 - [b]FOREWORD[/b] [/list]
[h3]Character Creation[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 2 - Stats
[*]Page 3 - Skills
[*]Page 4 - Races
[*]Page 5 - Classes
[/list]
[h3]Starting Equipment[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 6 - Introduction
[*]Page 7 - Weapons
[*]Page 8 - Shields and Armor
[*]Page 9 - Starting Gear
[/list]
[h3]Gameplay[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 10 - Combat Rules
[*]Page 11 - Magic
[*]Page 12 - Level Advancement
[/list]
[h3]Items[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 13 - Adventuring Gear 
[*]Page 14 - Clothing
[*]Page 15 - Mounts and Related Gear
[/list]
[h3]Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 16 - Arcane
[*]Page 17 - Divine
[*]Page 18 - Illusion
[*]Page 19 - Druidic
[/list]
[h3]Game Master's Guide[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 20 - Rewards
[*]Page 21 - Monsters
[*]Page 22 - Traps
[*]Page 23 - Disease
[*] Page 24 - Poison
[*] Page 25 -Enviromental Hazards
[/list]
[h3]CONCLUSION[/h3]
[list]
[*]Page 26 - Conclusion, Encourgement
[/list]

----- Page 1
[br]
Thank you for taking the time to Find and Read this copy of Microlite 20's Player hand book!  This book should contain all of the basic information to begin a game of Microlite 20, a bare-bones Dungeons and Dragons Experience.  The basics of gameplay, character creations, and some information for the Game Master are contained within.  [br]
As well, some lists of equipment and spells will give you, as a player, a wealth of information on how to best equip your player, and what you can cast, and do in the game.
[br]
Most importantly, setting asides spells, swords, combat and the like this is a Roleplaying game!  It's important to remember that while the adventure is the 'meat' of the game, you are entering a world crafted by your Game Master.  It's important to play the role of your character to deeply enjoy the experience.  While you or your GM may decide to ignore some of the more indepth items, things like stopping for food and drink, or pausing to rest, try to imagine what life is like for your character.  Is the grind of the dungeon wearing them down mentally? Are you growing in power, but losing your humanity?  What are the goals for your character?  Try to think of these things as you begin your fantasy adventure! 
[br] And finally, above all else, this is meant to be played for fun! If you're becoming frustrated, or aggrevated by your Game Master, or finding the people you're playing with just arn't meshing, communicate that! If all else fails, you can polietly excuse yourself.  You're here to have fun, not make your blood boil. So please, read, play and enjoy! Have a good time with your friends.  Thanks, for reading, and have a great time.

----Page 2
[hr]
[h3]STATS[/h3]
There are 3 Stats:
[list]
[*]Strength(STR) 
[*]Dex(DEX) 
[*]Mind(MIND)
[/list]
Roll 4d6, dropping the lowest dice.[br] Total the reaming 3 dice and alocate to one of the stats. 
[br]
Repeat for the remaining Stats.
[br]
Stat Bonus = (STAT - 10) / 2, rounded down.

-----Page 3
[hr]
[h3]Skills[/h3]
There are 5 Skills: 
[list]
[b]
[*]Physical
[*]Subterfuge
[*]Knowledge
[*]Communication
[*]Survival
[/b]
[/list]
Roll higher than the given Difficult Class to Succeed.[br]
[i]Skill Rank[/i] = Your Level + Any bonus due to your class or race. [i]Skill roll[/i]= d20 + skill rank + whatever stat bonus is most applicable to the use + situation modifiers
[br]
Example:
[list]
[*]Climbing would use [b]Physical[/b]+[b]STR[/b] Bonus.
[*]Dodging a falling rock is [b]Physical[/b]+[b]DEX[/b] Bonus.
[*]Finding a trap is [b]Subterfuge[/b] + [b]MIND[/b] Bonus.
[*]Disabling a trap is [b]Subterfuge[/b]+[b]DEX[/b] Bonus.
[/list]
Note that there are no "saving throws" in the game. Use [b]Phyiscal[/b] + [b]STR[/b] or [b]DEX[/b] bonus for Fortitude and Reflex Saves.  Saving against magic (Will save) is usually [b]MIND[/b] bonus + your level.
[br]
[br]
The [b]Survival[/b] skill is used for things like tracking, foraging, setting or spotting snares, hunting, finding water or rare herbs, determining direction, and the like.  Only [b]Ranger[/b] and [b]Druids[/b] are specialized with this skill.

-----Page 4
[hr]
[h3] Races [/h3]
[list]
[*]Humans get +1 to all Skill Rolls
[*]Elves get +2 [b]MIND[/b]
[*]Dwarves get +2 [b]STR[/b]
[*]Halflings get +2 [b]DEX[/b]
[*]Gnomes get +1 [b]DEX[/b], +1 [b]MIND[/b]
[*]Half Orcs get +4 [b]STR[/b], -2 [b]MIND[/b]
[*]Half-Elves get +1 [b]DEX[/b], +1 to 2 Skills
[*]Lizardmen get +2 [b]STR[/b],+2 [b]DEX[/b],-2 [b]MIND[/b]
[hr]
[/list]

-----Page 5
[hr]
[h3] Classes [/h3]
The Classes are Fighter, Rogue, Mage, Cleric, Paladin, Ranger, illusionist, Druid and Bard.  Characters begin at level 1.
[br]
[b]Fighters [/b]
[list]
[*]Wear Any kind of armor and use sheilds
[*] They have a +3 Bonus to [i]Phyiscal Skill[/i] 
[*] Add +1 to all attack and Damage rolls
[br]
[small]This increases by +1 at 5th level, and ever five levels on.[/small]
[/list]

[b]Rogues[/b] 
[list]
[*]Can use Light armor
[*]They have a +3 Bonus to [i]Subterfuge Skill[/i] [*]If they successfully Sneak [small](Usually sub+[b]DEX[/b], but depends on situation)[/small] up on a foe they can add their [i]Subterfuge Skill[/i] rank to the damage of their first attack.
[/list]

[b]Mage [/b]
[list]
[*]Wear no Armor
[*]The can cast Arcane Spells
[*]Gain a +3 bonus to [i]Knowledge Skill[/i] 
[/list]

[b]Clerics[/b]
[list]
[*]Can wear light or medium armor
[*]They cast divine spells
[*]Gain +3 to [Communication Skill[/i] 
[*]A [b]Cleric[/b] Can Turn Undead with a successful Magic Attack.  DC is the current Hit Points of the Undead. If the DC is exceeded by 10 the Undead is destroyed.  
[br]
[small]This can be used (2 + Level + [b]MIND[/b] Bonus) times per day.[/small]
[/list]

[b]Paladins[/b]
[list]
[*]Wear any kind of armor and use shields
[*]They have a +1 to [i]Phyiscal Skill[/i] 
[*]They have a +2 to [i]Communication Skill[/i]
[*]They are immune to Diseases and apply a +1 Bonus to all "saving" throws[br][small]This increases by +1 at 5th level, and ever five levels on[/small]
[*][b]Paladins[/b] can Detect Evil within 60 feet at will
[*]Can heal 2 health Points per level, Per day by laying on hands
[*]A character [b]MUST[/b] be of Lawful Good Alignment to be a Paladin
[/list]

[b]Rangers[/b]
[list]
[*]Wear Light or Medium armor, and can use shields
[*]They gain +1 to Hit and Damage with Ranged Weapons
[*]They [b]ONLY[/b] Suffer a -1 to hit Penalty when fighting with 2 weapons
[*]They have a +3 bonus to [i]Survival Skill[/i] 
[/list]

[b]Illusionists[/b]
[list]
[*]Wear no armor
[*]They can cast illusionist Spells
[*]They gain +2 to [i]Communication Skill[/i] 
[*]They gain +1 to [i] Subterfuge Skill [/i] 
[*]Characters [b]MUST[/b] have a minimum [b]DEX[/b] of 13 to be an [b]Illusionist[/b]
[/list]

[b]Druids[/b][list]
[*]Wear any non-metal Armor or Shield
[*]They can cast Druid Spells
[*]They gain +2 to [i]Knowledge Skill[/i] 
[*]They gain +2 to [i]Survival Skill[/i]
[*]Druids are immune to the spell-like effects of Woodland Fey
[*]At 3rd Level a [b]Druid[/b] can pass without trace at will
[*]At 7th Level a [b]Druid[/b] can assume the form of any Small or Medium Sized Animal up to 3 times per day.[small]A Druid heals 2 HP per level when changing back into their human form.[/small]
[/list]

[b]Bards[/b][list]
[*]Wear light armor and can use bucklers.
[*]They gain a +2 to [i]Communication[/i], [i]Subterfuge[/i], and [i]Knowledge[/i]
[*]A [b]Bard[/b] can counter sound-based effects within a 30 foot radius
[*]A [b]Bard[/b] can use his song to charm a target, or remove fear up to 3 times (total) Per day
[*]Beginning at 6th Level, a [b]Bard[/b] casts spells as either a [b]Druid[/b] of [b]Illusioniust[/b] [small](player's choice)[/small]of 5 levels lower.

-----Page 6
[h2] Starting Equipment [/h2]
[hr]
[h3] Introduction[/h3]
[b]Starting Wealth[/b]
[br]
The most common coin in the game enviroment is the [i]Gold Piece[/i] or [i]GP[/i].  A [i]Gold Piece[/i]  is worth 10 [i]Silver Piece[/i]s or [i]SP[/i].  Each [i]Silver Piece[/i] is worth 10 [i]Copper Piece[/i]s or [i]CP[/i].  In addition to Copper, Silver, and Gold coins there are also [i]Platinum Piece[/i]s, which are each worth 10 [i]GP[/i].
[br]
When you begin the game, you will start with a certain amount of wealth, determined by the class you have chosen.  
[list]
[*]Fighter, Paladin | 150 GP
[*] Rogue, Ranger, Druid | 125 GP
[*] Cleric, Bard | 120 GP
[*]Mage, illusionist | 75 GP
[/list]
The Character uses this accumulated wealth to purchase their initial weapons, armor and adventuring equipment using the prices listed on the next several pages.  The equipment will be listed in a " ITEM | COST | DAMAGE | RANGE INCREMENT" Style for weapons, and a "ITEM | COST | AC BONUS" style for Armor and Shields.
[h3]Weapon[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Cost[/b]:This value is the price for purchasing the weapon.  The cost includes miscellaneous gear that goes with the weapon. [Sheathes, Oil, Sharpening Stones, ect.]
[*][b]Damage[/b]: The damage section lists the damage dealt by the weapon on a successful hit.
[*][b]Range increment[/b]:Any attack at less than this distance is not penalized for range.  However, each full range increment imposes a cumulative =2 penalty on the attack roll.  A thrown weapon has a maximum range of five range increments. A projectile weapon can shoot out to ten range increments.
[/list]
[h3]Armor and Shields[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Cost[/b]:This value is the price for purchasing the Armor.
[*][b]AC Bonus[/b]:This value is the armor class bonus provided by the Armor
[/list]

-----Page 7
[h2] Starting Equipment[/h2]
[hr]
[h3]WEAPONS[/h3]
[center]TWO-HANDED[/center]
[list]
[*][b]WEAPON | COST ([i]GP[/i]) |DAMAGE | RANGE (FT)[/b]
[*]Chain, Spiked | 25 | 2d4 | ----
[*]Falchion | 75 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Flail, Heavy | 15 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Glaive | 8 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Greatave | 20 | 1d10 | ----
[*]Great Club | 5 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Greatsword | 50 | 2d6 | ----
[*]Guisarme | 9 | 2d4 | ----
[*]Halberd | 10 | 1d10 | ----
[*]Lance | 10 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Longspear | 5 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Quarterstaff | ---- | 1d6 | ----
[*]Scythe | 18 | 2d4 | ----
[*]Spear | 2 | 1d8 | 20 
[/list]
[hr]
[center]LIGHT[/center]
[list]
[*]Unarmed | ---- | 1d3 | ---- 
[*]Axe, Throwing | 8 | 1d6 | 10
[*]Dagger | 2 | 1d4 | 10
[*]Hammer, Light | 1 | 1d6 | 20
[*]Handaxe | 6 | 1d4 | ----
[*]Mace, Light | 5 |1d6 | ----
[*]Pick, Light | 4 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Sap | 1 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Sickle | 6 | 1d6 | ----
[*]Sword, Short | 10 | 1d6 | ----
[/list]
[hr]
[center] One-Handed [/center]
[list]
[*]Battleaxe | 10 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Club | ---- | 1d6 | 10
[*]Flail | 8 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Longsword | 15 | 1d8 | ----
[*]Mace, Heavy | 12 | 1d8 | ----
[/list]

-----Page 8
[h2]Starting Equipment [/h2]
[hr]
[h3]ARMOR AND SHIELDS[/h3]
[center]LIGHT[/center]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST | AC BONUS [/b]
[*]Padded | 2 | +1
[*]Leather | 10 | +2
[*]Reinforced Leather | 25 | +3
[*]Chain Shirt | 100 | +4
[/list]
[hr]
[center]MEDIUM[/center]
[list]
[*]Hide | 15 | +3
[*]Scale Mail | 50 | +4
[*]Chainmail | 150 | +5
[*]Breastplate | 200 | +5
[/list]
[hr]
[center]HEAVY[/center]
[list]
[*]Splint Mail | 200 | +6
[*]Banded Mail |250 | +6
[*]Half-plate | 600 | +7 
[*]Full-Plate | 1500 | +8
[/list]
[hr]
[center]SHIELDS[/center]
[list]
[*]Buckler | 15 | +1
[*]Shield, Light Wooden | 3 | +1
[*]Shield, Light Steel | 9 | +1
[*]Shield, Heavy Wooden | 7 | +2
[*]Shield, Heavy Steel | 20 | +2
[*]Tower | 30 | +4
[/list]
[hr]

-----Page 9
[h2]STARTING EQUIPMENT[/h2]
[hr]
In the past, there were standard equipment packs, pre-compiled, pre-calculated and pre-assigned to classes, to help new players get a quick start into their adventure.  This document is inspired by those lists, and provides a fast way for palyers to quickly equip their Player Character, or for a Game Master to equip an NPC or Fireling on the fly.  Additonally, these optional kits can be used to give a starting point from which to customize new characters.  Each starting kid costs the player 50 gold if they choose to purchase it.
[hr]
[center]PACK A (1-2)[/center]
[list]
[*]Backpack
[*]Bedroll
[*]Belt Pouch
[*]2 Sets of Caltrops
[*]Flint and Steel
[*]Lantern (hooded)
[*]10 Oil Flasks
[*]Shovel
[*]Signal Whistle
[*]Waterskin
[/list]
[hr]
[center]PACK B (3-4)[/center]
[list]
[*]Backpack
[*]Bedroll
[*]Belt Pouch
[*]10 pieces of Chalk
[*]Crowbar
[*]Flint and Steel
[*]Small Steel Mirror
[*]4 Oil Flasks
[*]10 Foot Pole
[*] 10 Torches
[/list]
[hr]
[center]PACK C (5-6)[/center]
[*]Backpack
[*]Bedroll
[*]Belt Pouch
[*]Flint and Steel
[*]Grappling Hook
[*]5 Oil Flasks
[*]10 Foot Pole
[*]Trail Rations (1 week)
[*]50 Feet of Rope
[*]Tent
[*]10 Torches
[/list]
[hr]
In addtion to these items, each Class always begins the game with some starter equipment. Per Class these items are:
[list]
[*][b]Fighter[/b]:Vial of Holy Water, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Paladin[/b]:Vial of Holy Water, Silver Holy Symol, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Rogue[/b]:Thieves' Tools, 2 Smoke Bombs, 
[*]Ranger[/b]:Guide to Natures Bounty, 1 Bear Trap, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Bard[/b]:Instrument of Ones choosing, 10 gold Pieces
[*][b]Druid[/b]:Guide to Natures Bounty, Hunting Horn, 1 Rare Gem
[*][b]Cleric[/b]:Silver Holy Symbol, Prayer Book, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Illusionist[/b]:2 Smoke Bombs, Spell book, 5 Gold Pieces
[*][b]Mage[/b]:Spellbook, 2 Spell Pouches, 5 Gold Pieces
[/list]

----Page 10
[h2] GAME PLAY [/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]COMBAT RULES[/h3][/center]
[br]
[i]HIT POINTS [small]HP[/small][/i] = [b]STR[/b] Stat + 1d6 Per Level.  If [i]HP[/i] Reaches 0, you fall unconcious, or enter a NEAR DEATH state.  Further Damage directly reduces [b]STR[/b]. If that reaches 0, your character dies.
[br]
For initiative order, AKA Combat Order roll a d20 and add your [b]DEX[/b] bonus.  Everyone can do one thing each turn; Move, Attack, Cast a Spell, perform an Action, ect.  Speaking does not count as consuming a turn in combat, but things that require a roll do.
[br]
Add attack bonus' to d20 roll. If your roll is higher than your opponent's Armor Class ([b]AC[/b]),it's a Hit.  Natural 20 is automatically a critical hit doing maximum damage, regardless of the enemies AC.
[br]
[list]
[*]Melee Attack Bonus = [b]STR[/b] Bonus + Level
[*]Missile Attack Bonus = [b]DEX[/b] Bonus + Level
[*]Magic Attack Bonus = [b]MIND[/b] Bonus + Level
[/list]
[small]As a Reminder,STAT BONUS = (STAT - 10) / 2, rounded down.[/small]
[br]
If the total [i]Attack Bonus[/i] is +6 or more, a second attack can be made with a -5 penalty.  If the [i]Attack Bonus[/i] is +11 or more, a third attack can be made at -10.  For Example, if the total bonus is +12, three attacks can be made at +12 / +7 / +2 
[br]
[b]Fighters[/b], [b]Paladins[/b], [b]Rangers[/b], and [b]Rogues[/b] can use [b]DEX[/b] Bonus + Level, as a Melee attack bonus if wielding a light weapon.  [b]Fighers[/b],[b]Rangers[/b], and [b]Rogues[/b] can wield 2 light weapons, and attack with both in a round if they take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls during that round.  Rapiers count as light weapons, but you cannoy wield two rapiers at the same time.
[br]
Add [b]STR[/b] Bonus to Melee Damage, x2 for 2-handed weapons.  Armor Class ([b]AC[/b]) = 10 + [b]DEX[/b] Bonus + Armor Bonus from equipment.
[hr]
[center][h3]OTHER HAZARDS[/h3][/center]
[b]Falling[/b]
[br]
1d6 damage per 10 feet, half damage on [b]Physical[/b] + [b]DEX[/b] Save. DC = Depth fallen in feet
br
[b]Spikes[/b]
[br]
Add +1 point to falling damage per 10 feet, maximum of + 10 damage.
[br]
[b]Poison[/b]
[br]
[b]Physical[/b] + [b]STR[/b] Save to avoid or for half, depending on the poison.  Effect varies with poison type.
[br]
[b]Extreme Heat & Cold[/b]
[br]
If not wearing suitable protection, [b]Phyiscal[/b] +  [b]STR[/b] Save once every 10 minutes. (DC 15 + 1 per previous check), taking 1d6 Damage on each failed save.

-----Page 11
[h2] GAME PLAY [/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]MAGIC[/h3][/center]
[br]
[b]Mana Points[/b] A player determines their [b]MP[/b] in much the same way the determine their [b]HP[/b].  Use [b]MP[/b] = [b]MIND[/b] Stat + 1d6 per level.
Magi can cast any Arcane Spell, Clerics any Divine Spell, Illusionists any Illusion Spell, and Druids and Druidic Spell, so long as the spell has a [b]SPELL LEVEL[/b] equal or below one half their class level, rounded up.  [br]
Casting spells of any kind costs [b]Mana Points[/b].  The cost to cast is [i]1 + twice the level of the spell being cast[/i].
[list]
[*]SPELL LEVEL | MP COST
[*]0 | 1
[*]1 | 3
[*]2 | 5
[*]3 | 7
[*]4 | 9
[*]5 | 11
[*]6 | 13
[*]7 | 15
[*]8 | 17
[*]9 | 19
[/list]
This loss can only be recovered after resting for 8 hours.  If a player spends all of their MP, they may cast Spells using HP instead, though the cost is double the number of HP.  IE a level 1 spell costs 6 HP to cast when the Character has no Mana.  [i]There is NO need to memorize spells in advanced.[/i]
[br]
Just because a character [i]CAN[/i] cast any spell doesn't mean that they should.  Choose spells that suit the character.  Select one 'signature'spell per level from 1st upward that they prefer to use over any other.  These spells are easier to cast due to familairty, costing 1 less [b]MP[/b] to use.  The Difficulty Class ([b]DC[/b]) for all spells is: [i]10 + Caster Level + Caster's [b]MIND[/b] bonus[/i].
[br]
There are several ways for spell casters to add some variety to their repertoire.  Each modifies a spell in a given way, and each [b]doubles the casting time[/b] of the modified spell.  Most spells become multi-turn actions, forcing a player to stand and concentrate on the casting.  In addition, each requires an additional expenditure of Mana Points, added to the standard cost of the spell at the time it is cast.
[list]
[*][b]Extending[/b]:Spell lasts twice as long as it normally would.  An extended spell costs an additional 2 MP
[*][b]Empowering[/b]:Makes a spell deal 50% more damage than it normally would.  An empowered sepll costs an additional 4 MP
[*][b]Widening[/b]:Makes a spell's area of effect twice as big as it would normally be. A widened spell costs an additional 6 MP

-----Page 12
[h2] GAME PLAY [/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]LEVEL ADVANCEMENT[/h3][/center]
[br]
[i]Encounter Level[/i] = Hit Dice of defeated Monsters, or the given [i]Encounter Level[/i] (EL) for the traps, situation, ect.  Add + 1 for each doubling of the number of foes.  EG 1 Kobold = EL 1.  2 Kobolds = EL2. 4 Kobolds = EL3, and so on.
[br]
Add up the [i]Encounter Levels[/i] (ELs) of every encounter you take part in.  When the total = 10 x your current level, you've advanced to the next level. Reset the total to 0 after advancing.
[br]
[b]Each Level Adds[/b][list]
[*]1d6 to Hitpoints
[*]+1 to all Attack Rolls
[*]+1 to all Skills
[*]If the level dicides by three [small](3, 6, 9, 12, ect)[/small] add 1 point to [b]STR[/b], [b]DEX[/b], or [b]MIND[/b]
[/list]
[b]Fighters[/b] and [b]Paladins[/b] gain +1 to their attack and damage rolls at levels 5, 10, 15, ect.
[br]
[b]Clerics[/b], [b]Magi[/b],[b]Illusionists[/b] and [b]Bards[/b] Gain Access to New Spell levels at level 3, 5, 7, 9, ect.
[br]
[b]EXAMPLE[/b]: The 1st level adventurers have just completed a dungeon adventure, and defeated 5 EL1 Encounter, an EL2 Trap, and the EL3 Leader. That's a total of EL10 (5 + 2 + 3 = 10), so they all advance to level 2. They need to defeat another 20 Encounter Levels to reach Level 3.

-----Page 13
[h2] ITEMS [/h2]
[hr]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST[/b][/list]A[list]
[*]Acid (Flask) | 10 GP
[*]Antitoxin (vial) | 50 GP
[*]Artisan's Tools | 5 GP
[hr]
[/list]B[list]
[*]Backpack (Empty) | 2 GP
[*]Barrel (Empty) | 2 GP
[*]Basket (Empty) | 4 SP
[*]Bedroll | 1 SP
[*]Bell | 1 GP
[*]Blanket, Winter | 5 SP
[*]Block and Tackle | 5 GP
[*]Bucket (Empty)| 5 SP
[hr]
[/list]C[list]
[*]Caltrops | 1 GP
[*]Candle | 1 CP
[*]Canvas (sq. yd.) | 1 SP
[*]Case, Map or Scroll | 1 GP
[*]Chain (10 Ft.) | 30 GP
[*]Chalk, 1 piece | 1 CP
[*]Chest (Empty) | 2 GP
[*]Craftsman's Tools | 5 GP
[*]Crowbar | 2 GP
[hr]
[/list]d[list]
[*]Disguise Kit | 50 GP 
[hr]
[/list]F[list]
[*]Firewood (Per Day) | 1 CP
[*]Fish Hook | 1 SP
[*]Fishing Net (25 Sq. Ft.) | 4 GP
[*]Flask (Empty) | 3 CP
[*]Flint and Steel | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]G[list]
[*]Glass Bottle, Wine | 2 GP
[*]Grappling Hook | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]H[list]
[*]Hammer | 5 SP
[*]Healer's Kit | 50 GP
[*]Holy Symbol, Wooden | 1 GP
[*]Holy Symbol, Silver | 25 GP
[*]Holy Water (Flask) | 25 GP
[*]Hourglass | 25 GP
[hr]
[/list]I[list]
[*]Ink (1oz. Vial) | 8 GP
[*]Inkpen | 1 SP
[hr]
[/list]J[list]
[*]Jug, Clay | 3 CP
[hr]
[/list]L[list]
[*]Ladder (10 ft.) | 5 CP
[*]Lamp, Common | 1 SP
[*]Lantern, Bullseye | 12 GP
[*]Lantern, Hooded | 7 GP
[*]Lock, Simple | 20 GP
[*]Lock, Average | 40 GP
[*]Lock, Good | 80 GP
[hr]
[/list]M[list]
[*]Magnifying Glass | 100 GP
[*]Manacles | 50 GP
[*]Mirror, small steel | 10 GP
[*]Mug/Tankard, Clay | 2 CP
[*]Musical Instrument |5 GP
[hr]
[/list]O[list]
[*]Oil, Flask (1 pint) | 1 SP
[hr]
[/list]P[list]
[*]Paper (Sheet) | 5 SP
[*]Parchment (Sheet) | 2 SP
[*]Picker, Miner's | 3 GP
[*]Pitcher, Clay | 2 CP
[*]Piton | 1 SP
[*]Pole(10 ft)  | 2 SP
[*]Pot, iron | 5 SP
[*]Pouch, Belt (empty) | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]R[list]
[*]Ram, Portable | 10 GP
[*]Rations, Trail (Per Day) | 5 SP
[*]Rope, Hempen (50 ft.) | 1 GP
[*]Rope, Silk (50 ft.) | 10 GP
[hr]
[/list]S[list]
[*]Sack, Empty | 1 SP
[*]Sealing Wax | 1 GP
[*]Sewing Needle | 5 SP
[*]Shovel or Spade | 2  GP
[*]Signal Whistle | 8 SP
[*]Signet Ring | 5 GP
[*]Sledge | 1 GP
[*]Soap (per LB.) | 5 SP
[*]Spell Component Pouch | 5 GP
[*]Spyglass | 1 PLATINUM PIECE
[hr] 
[/list]T[list]
[*]Tent | 10 GP
[*]Thieves' Tools | 30 GP
[*]Torch | 1 CP
[hr]
[/list]V[list]
[*]Vial, ink or potion | 1 GP
[hr]
[/list]W[list]
[*]Waterskin | 1 GP
[*]Whetstone | 2 CP
[/list]

-----Page 14
[h2] ITEMS[/h2]
[hr]
[h3]CLOTHING[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST[/b]
[*]Artisan's Outfit | 1 GP
[*]Cleric's Cestments | 5 GP
[*]Cold Weather Outfit | 8 GP
[*]Courtier's Outfit | 30 GP
[*]Entertainer's Outfit | 3 GP
[*]Explorer's Outfit | 10 GP
[*]Monk's Outfit | 5 GP
[*]Noble's Outfit | 75 GP
[*]Peasant's Outfit | 1 SP
[*]Royal Outfit | 200 GP
[*] Scholar's Outfit | 5 GP
[*] Travelers Outfit | 1GP

-----Page 15
[h2] ITEMS [/h2]
[hr]
[h3]MOUNTS AND RELATED GEAR[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]ITEM | COST[/b]
[*]Barding, Medium Creature | Armor Price x 2
[*]Barding, Large Creature | Armor Price x 4
[*]Bit and Bridle | 2 GP
[*]Dog, guard | 25 GP
[*]Dog, war | 75 GP
[*]Donkey or mule | 8 GP
[*]Feed (Per Day) | 5 CP
[*]Horse, heavy | 200 GP
[*]Horse, Light | 75 GP
[*]Pony | 30 GP
[*]Saddle, military | 20 GP
[*]Saddle, pack | 5 GP
[*]Saddle, Riding | 10 GP
[*]Saddlebags | 4 GP
[*]Stabling (Per Day) | 5 SP
[*]Warhourse, heavy | 400 GP
[*]Warhourse, light | 150 GP
[*]Warpony | 100 GP

-----Page 16
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]ARCANE SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[hr]
[h3] 0-Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Arcane Mark[/b]:Inscribes a permanent personal rune (visible or invisible).
[*][b]Detect Magic[/b]:Detects spells and magic items within 60 feet for up to 1 minute per level, or until concentration ends.
[*][b]Ghost Sound[/b]:Figment sounds for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Light[/b]:Object shines like a torch for 10 minutes per level.
[*][b]Mage Hand[/b]:5 Pound telekinesis. Lasts until concentration ends.  Increases telekinesis weight by 10 pounds per level.
[*][b]Prestidigitation[/b]:Performs minor tricks for 1 hour.
[*][b]Read Magic[/b]:Read scrolls and spellbooks for 10 minutes per level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]1st Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Feather Fall[/b]:Objects or creatures fall slowly for 1 Round per level, or until landing.
[*][b]Floating Disk[/b]:Creates 3 Foot diameter horizontal disk that holds 100 pounds per level. Lasts for 1 hour per level.
[*][b]Mage Armor[/b]:Gives subject +4 armor bonus for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Magic Missile[/b]:1d4+1 Damage per Missile; +1 Missile per two levels abost 1st (Max 5 Missiles)
[*][b]Sleep[/b]:Puts 4 hit dice of creatures into magical slumber for 1 minute per level. 
[*][b]shocking Grasp[/b]:Touch delivers 1d6 per level electricity damage (Max 5d6).
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]2nd Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Acid Arrow[/b]:Ranged touch attack, 2d4 damage for 1 round + 1 Round per three Levels.
[*][b]Flaming Sphere[/b]:Creates a rolling ball of fire ,dealing 2d6 Damage, lasting one round per level. Can be moved as your move action. Deals Damage to creatures it touches.
[*][b]Invisibility[/b]:Subject is invisible for 1 minute per level, or until it attacks.
[*][b]Knock[/b]:Opens locked or magically sealed doors.
[*][b]Levitate[/b]:Subject moves up and down at your direction for 1 minute per level.
[*][b]Spider Climb[/b]:Grants ability to walk on walls and ceilings for 10 minutes per Level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]3rd Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Clairaudience / Clairvoyance[/b]:Hear or see at a distance for 1 minute per level.
[*][b]Dispel Magic[/b]:Cancels magical spells and effects.
[*][b]Fireball[/b]:1d6 Damage per level. Launches a fire ball that bursts, catching everything within 20 feet aflame.
[*][b]Fly[/b]:Subject flies at Speed of 60 Feet for 1 Minute per level.
[*][b]Lightning Bolt[/b]:Electricity damage, 1d6 Per Level.
[*][b]Vampiric Touch[/b]:Touch deals 1d6 per two levels as damage.  Caster Gains damage as HP.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]4th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Animate Dead[/b]:Creates level x2 Hit Die of undead Skeletons or Zombies
[*][b]Arcane Eye[/b]: An Invisible eye moves 30 feet per found for 1 Minute per level.  The Eye reveals magical traps, and grants vision to the caster.
[*][b]Black Tentacles[/b]:Tentacles grapple all within a 20 foot spread for one round.
[*][b]Dimension Door[/b]:Teleports the caster a short distance
[*][b]Polymorph[/b]:Gives one willing subject a new form for 1 Minute per level.
[*][b]Stoneskin[/b]:Ignore 10 points of damage per attack. Lasts for 1 round per level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]5th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Cloudkill[/b]:Kills 3 hit dice or less ; 4-6 hit dice save or die ; 6+ hit dice take STR damage. Lasts for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Contact Other Plane[/b]:Lets you ask 1 question of an extra planar entity. Lasts until concentration ends.
[*][b]Feeblemind[/b]:Subject's MIND score drops to 1.
[*][b]Passwall[/b]:Creates a passage through wood, earthen, or stone walls for 1 hour per level.
[*][b]Permanency[/b]:Makes spells marked on surfaces using Arcane Mark permanent.
[*][b]Teleport[/b]:Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles per level
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]6th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Antimagic Field[/b]:Negates magic around the caster, within 10 feet for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Chain Lightning[/b]:1d6 per Level damage. 1 secondary bolt per level deals half damage.
[*][b]Contingency[/b]:Sets trigger condition for another spell. Lasts for 1 Day per level, or until discharged.  Mana cost for that spell is spent when Contingency is cast. 
[*][b]Disintegrate[/b]:Destroys 1 inanimate creature or object.
[*][b]Geas[/b]:Commands any creature, binding it to a special task. Lasts for 1 Day per level, or until discharged, or until the task is complete.
[*][b]True Seeing[/b]:Lets you see all things as they really are, revealing traps, piercing illusion, and seeing the invisible for 1 Minute per level.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]7th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Delayed Blast Fireball[/b]:1d6 per level fire damage. You can postpone the blast for 5 rounds. For every round delayed add 1d6 per level fire damage.
[*][b]Ethereal Jaunt[/b]:You travel to the Ethereal Plane for 1 round per level.
[*][b]Finger of Death[/b]:Kills 1 subject.
[*][b]Plane Shift[/b]:As many as 8 willing subjects travel to another Plane.
[*][b]Power Word Blind[/b]:Blinds creature with 200 hp or less for 1d4+1 minutes. (Permanent if creature has less than 50 hp).
[*][b]Spell Turning[/b]:Reflect 1d4+6 Spell levels back at caster for 1 round per level, or until expended.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]8th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Clone[/b]:Duplicate awakens when original dies. Only a single clone of a target may exist at one time. Clones disintegrate after one day passes if they are not awoken.
[*][b]Horrid Wilting[/b]:Deals 1d6 per level damage within 30 feet.
[*][b]Incendiary Cloud[/b]:Cloud deals 4d6 fire damage a round for  1 Round per level.
[*][b]Irresistible Dance[/b]:Foces subject to dance for 1d4+1 Rounds
[*][b]Power Word Stun[/b]:Stuns creatures with 150 HP or less for 2d4 Rounds.
[*][b]Trap The Soul[/b]:Imprisons subject within a Gem.
[/list]
[hr]
[h3]9th Level Arcane Spells[/h3]
[list]
[*][b]Astral Projection[/b]:Projects you and your companions onto the Astral Plane.
[*][b]Etherealness[/b]:Travel to Ethereal Plane with companions for 1 Minute per level.
[*][b]Gate[/b]:Connects two Planes for travel or summoning. Portal is open for 1 Round per level.
[*][b]Meteor Swarm[/b]:4 Exploding spheres each deal 6d6 fire damage. Each blast dealing the damage to all creatures within 20 feet of impact.
[*][b]Power Word Kill[/b]:Kills one creature with 100 HP or less. Cannot be resisted or stopped.
[*][b]Soul Bind[/b]:Traps newly dead souls, preventing resurrection.
[/list]

-----Page 17
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]DIVINE SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[br]

-----Page 18
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]ILLUSIONIST SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[br]

-----Page 19
[h2] MAGIC[/h2]
[hr]
[center][h3]DRUIDIC SPELLS[/h3][/center]
[br]

Sabess

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:12 am

you could also use the free 'basic rules' things for DND 5e if you wanted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/3 ... for_5e_so/

it has a lot more stuff, I think, but you can probably take out just the relevant parts to fit it in

• Information